Ramblings of a Madman - FSOL zine

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Blinker
Hardhead

Re: Ramblings of a Madman - FSOL zine

Post by Blinker »

Ordered! I decided to get a print this time, I wonder which one it'll be... I think the EP that comes with this one might be my favourite one so far as well. Really liking Disseminate.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I'm still at over-saturation point with all the recent non-album releases, I reckon I'm going to whack the first four EPs together as an album once the next book comes along.
Blinker
Hardhead

Post by Blinker »

I just listened to all three and they work very well together so I think that'll work well.
Chris3d
Hardhead

Post by Chris3d »

Still the same quality as the other two :)

I'm sure I can hear something like 'Ill Flower' in 'Take Umbrage'.
Ross

Post by Ross »

A few highlights from the book:

A hilariously grumpy story about the Papua TOTP performances (I swear every one of these stories is about how something went wrong!)
A much longer version of the Lifeforms EP story, with Gaz ripping into his own adolescent obsession with Liz Fraser in a very funny way
Photos of the band on the set of Eastenders
Possible unreleased track: 'Viewed from Configuration' or Viewed from Configuration vioE5' (I swear we're only a year away from enough material to do a second Views album)
What looks like the artwork for a promo CD or 12" of In Solitude We Are Least Alone b/w Source of Uncertainty
Stakker's tuna bake & crisps
Blinker
Hardhead

Post by Blinker »

Again, it was an excellent read. It'll be great to go through them all again. I really enjoyed the story about the power cut, I also found the story about the Yage film interesting too. Of course I've been giving the EP some listens too. All three of the Ramblings EP's work well together.
Mr Royale
Tingler

Post by Mr Royale »

Ross wrote:I'm still at over-saturation point with all the recent non-album releases, I reckon I'm going to whack the first four EPs together as an album once the next book comes along.
I did this with the the three EPs. Seamless listening.
Ross

Post by Ross »

'Take Umbrage' - choir synth sounds from 'Ill Flower', cut up breaks from 'Kai', that two-tone wailing sound is from 1994 too but I can't remember where. 6/6.5/Environmental-sounding bass.
unitard
Hardhead

Post by unitard »

If I purchase the book + mp3, is the mp3 download added to my account after the purchase? Or do I have to wait for the book to arrive in the post with a DL code? Thanks!
Chris3d
Hardhead

Post by Chris3d »

unitard wrote:If I purchase the book + mp3, is the mp3 download added to my account after the purchase? Or do I have to wait for the book to arrive in the post with a DL code? Thanks!
Immediate download. No waiting :)