Yage 2019 - RSD release

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Blu Mar Ten
Hardhead

Re: Yage 2019 - RSD release

Post by Blu Mar Ten »

Ross wrote:https://www.fsoldigital.com/product/yage-2019/

CD, digital & vinyl now available.
picked up the digital just now. very excite.
just wish all the recent stuff was up on spotify as well so they get paid while I listen there
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

genocyber wrote:lol 1986
I notice the newsletter today also mentioned Dead Cities as being their 1986 Top 40 charting album :D
Chris3d
Hardhead

Post by Chris3d »

Who wrote the original blurb for it? Ingsoc? :lol:
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Darn, no CD for me today. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow, I'm eager to hear it :)
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Yeah, pretty solid release. Unlike the My Kingdom Reimagining with its AA touches, could this have been easily released back in 97 or 98, it really sounds like a lost ep from the Dead Cities-era, with its psychedelic funky break beat sounds..

Still those guitar riffs in ayahuasca and bejing give me too much Rammstein impressions :) still find this among their more average tracks.

The opening track remains pretty close to the original, but its cool, as this is one of my favourite FSOL tracks. And there are some other tracks that are really great, like voodoo doll, very psychedelic and funky, and the bonus tracks fit the album also very well.
Magnificient Insignificance
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I have a lot to say about this record, but not quite sure how to say it at the moment. But I can sum it up with: This is my favourite FSOL release since Environment Five, and possibly Environments 4. It recaptures some of the weirdness that has been less present on recent releases. Incredible album.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Just got round to hearing it yesterday - Shit me, it's really top tier stuff ! Great to hear proper versions of some of the Yage versions I heard back in the '97 ISDN/Radio set as well as some incredible new pieces. The production on this one is *really* good too, especially the intro of the first track which does some ace sub-bass ear tickling.

(and that final ditty at the end of the album is proper lovely!)
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

I like especially how they incorporated the bonus tracks into the mix this time, so they form a proper album ending unlike the AEV-album, where they feel a bit attached after the actual ending.

"A sensation of vagueness" is fantastic.
Magnificient Insignificance
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

I'm still waiting for my CD. I think it's a bit much really that delivery is heading towards £4 and it takes several days to actually get it. Kinda wishing I'd ordered from Amazon, which would have been cheaper and I would have it by now :(
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Should I be contacting someone about my order? Ordered last Wednesday and still don't have the CD. I presume most people in the UK who pre-ordered the CD already have it?
ob8
Hardhead

Post by ob8 »

epitome wrote:Should I be contacting someone about my order? Ordered last Wednesday and still don't have the CD. I presume most people in the UK who pre-ordered the CD already have it?
I ordered mine on Friday and still nothing..........
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Ah ok, maybe they've had problems shipping them out on time then, I'll give it a bit longer, cheers.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I'm still waiting to get my copy as well, it's reassuring I'm not the only one. My finger was far from the pulse when it came to noticing they'd put it up on fsoldigital. I guess it makes the anticipation greater, sounds like it's a goodun!
I am the eye that looks within
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Well, my copy arrived today, so hopefully you both got yours too :) It will be nice to finally* hear this!

* a whole 6 days after it was released :P
Rob
Tingler

Post by Rob »

Made the order (CD+vinyl) on the 22nd of April, not yet arrived here (Italy)....maybe cause the festivities..... or hope so...