Daniel Pemberton mentions Brian

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Daniel Pemberton mentions Brian

Post by Ross »

Quick shout out to Brian at 40 mins here talking about his film score work. In this case, from the film Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse.

"This one was built around a really terrifying electronic sound that I made with a friend of mine called Brian Dougans, who used to be in a band called The Future S- well, still is in a band called The Future Sound of London. I spent a day or two with him just making crazy noises in his workshop in Somerset. We manipulated all this sounds, one of which was this kind of weird elephant sound that we sort of stretched, put through a EMS Synthi, which Doctor Who fans, which I know you are..."
"You're looking at me in a funny way now! I'm thinking of Malcolm Clarke and The Sea Devils."
"Yeah! So it's an amazing piece of early British electronics, the EMS synthesisers, they're this very analogue, very dirty, very unstable, very bad to use in a film score if you haven't got a different way of manipulating them because you create an amazing sound but then it's gone. And so we spent a long time making these sounds, flying them through these machines, and we ended up creating this really terrifying noise, which you will hear now."
moxlox
Tingler

Re: Daniel Pemberton mentions Brian

Post by moxlox »

Cool reference, and I love the EMS synthesiser Doctor Who reference too. Thanks for posting.
Repetition Is A Form Of Change