Environments 4 - clips now on Juno!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Re: Environments 4 - clips now on Juno!

Post by mcbpete »

Tito Lozano wrote:

Coming soon on Itunes,Amazon,etc
Ah, so that's who composed the music for the old DOS game Boppin' :

Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Haha, great, the golden age of shareware games, when even the now very ugly 'Duke Nukem' character was just a cute little 2d chap with bleepy background music. In fact I never heard this music cause I terribly failed to convince my father to install a 'Soundblaster' card on our first 'IBM PC'.
Magnificient Insignificance
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Rencently i check and enjoy a review for Env4 and express all ideas that passed on mind when listen this album, is in spanish but try put in english with wrong traslate of google (sorry if any isnt the real words of the author)

http://pijamasurf.com/2012/05/environme ... of-london/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FSOL invites us once again an exquisite piece of electronic consciousness into music; Environments 4 includes 15 tracks which eventually split into a legendary musical ride.

last album Future Sound Of London Environments 4

Freedom is a virtue which is not provided, purchased, or given away, simply exercised. And this is one of the many lessons that I have personally invited the Future Sound of London, musical project consisting of a pair of true mavericks of sound exploration and mysticism media.

A few days ago FSOL released the fourth volume of his series Enviornments. Promoter of high fidelity to the creative freedom, this album spreads a kind of sensory network of hubs awaken the listener an indelible desire to explore-activity is linked essentially free nature of being.

Throughout its fifteen tracks, offers lucid Environments 4 corners in line with angelic voices. Atmospheres weave together probably designed to resonate with the archetypal axioms that manifest themselves in the depths of our privacy - Gaz Cobain case are Brian Dougans and voluntarily musicalizing our secret garden?

While this book, like its three predecessors, is not projected onto a disc spectacular, the fact is that for anyone who likes to interact with pieces from the finest line of electronics, and to every lover of FSOL, Environments 4 no longer a quasi-mandatory album surfing with releases like this 2012.

Importantly, like From the Archives, Environments is a series that takes life from selected unreleased tracks that the British duo has accumulated throughout his prolific career, by the way, next year a quarter century meet musicalizing Psy sessions of thousands of people around the world. But it is certainly worth noting that this material has been catalyzed by the states of consciousness currently experiencing its authors, which emanate an inspiring grace.

Rarely I promote the purchase of music online, especially if we remember that an mp3 contain between 5 and 10 percent of the original information that includes a piece of study. However, in this case I can only invite them if they have some budget for the purchase of music this year do not hesitate to purchase this disc directly into the store FSOL (and thus avoid intermediaries).

But beyond the line they decide to take this great album, it is certain that its Post-dark ambient, that which comes after the parade of the shadows, bathed in light and ethereal cleanliness-will be a memorable ingredient of your days, and nights, to come. Do not forget that ultimately the Future Sound Of London could be in charge of creating music that Edenic celebration evolutionary echoes aware that Carnival, which I'm sure many of us aspire to be invited. Review by Lucio Montlune
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Nice review, I get the general gist of what they're saying. I've just come across something else which can more or less pass for a review, and a generally positive one at that.

http://kickoutthejam.net/2012/05/14/the ... ironments/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pioneers of ambient electronica and IDM, The Future Sound of London (aka Brian Dougans and Garry Cobain) have just announced the release of the fourth installment of the Environments series. While previous volumes collected archive productions with smatterings of unreleased material, it seems Volume 4 of the series will be the closest they’ve come to a new album of original material for a very long time.

The beats are few and far between, but their absence is more than made up for with beautifully atmospheric soundscapes that evoke industrial wastelands, dystopian futures and even tropical rainforests. Having said that, no-one approaches a FSOL album looking for dance music; anyone who does is going to have a bad time.

While I can’t offer any download links for the album, if you follow this link to their website you can listen to previews of each track before you buy it.
I am the eye that looks within