Environments 4 - clips now on Juno!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Environments 4 - clips now on YouTube

Post by Ross »

Well I'm having to use a converter as YouTube's blocked at the council offices, but Brian's also uploaded Clear Light of Reality, Fibriliation and Stand a Little Less Between Me and the Sun. Oh, and Murmurations.

Bloody hell, Murmurations really is Amorphousy isn't it? I suppose this puts end to the idea that FSOL is 99% Brian these days.
Stand a Little Less is a lovely twinkly piece with acoustic guitar and field recordings, really beautiful actually, gives the same sort of feeling as something like The Oldest Lady (sort of... I can imagine it working in a similar way on the album).
Clear Light of Reality, this is much more like EBS7, field recordings, dark synths, sinister percussion shaking away, very sountracky. Beautiful stuff.
Fibrilation has some old Lifeformsy flute in it, very ambient again. Lots of field recordings in all of this.

I've combined the YouTube thread and the Environments 4 thread for simplicity.
And here's the videos...

edit: Listening again, unless something drastic happens in the other half of the track, I cannot understand why Murmurations isn't an Amorphous track.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

I'm not a huge fan of the extract of Murmurations but the others just sound amazing, especially the breathtaking Clear Light of Reality. Really looking forward to hearing the full thing - thanks for the heads up guys :)
Ross

Post by Ross »

I already get the feeling Murmurations will be this album's Heart Sick Chord, ie WHY IS IT THERE?
It really is shaping up to be wonderful beautiful ambient from the rest of it though, isn't it? Fibrilations has hints of Lifeforms and the other two are stunning too.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

It does sound very encouraging. I quite like Murmurations, though I agree, it does sound quite different to all the other stuff so far, if you include the clips from EBS7. Mind you, Long Day kind of falls into that category too, but in more of a Brian does a solo spot on the EMS kind of way.
I am the eye that looks within
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

It looks like the boys are finally working together - I mean in the same room :)
Looks like they got together and used their vast archive of samples and bleeps and got something completely new for us :)

This may not be the BIG HIT album everyone's waiting for ages - but I can feel it will be a true GEM for the fans :D
You're doin' too much, do less.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

'Murmurations' sounds interesting. I like the idea of FSOL albums that sound a bit like AA and AA records with traces of FSOL in it, like the two projects morphing one in the other. But if the rest of the record is as ambient as the other snippets suggest...hm. Let´s see.
Magnificient Insignificance
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Hmm, I kinda dig Murmuations. More could of been done with the drums, but its still abit catchy. The rest are very nice, and verrry nicely ambient actually. Hope Murmuration isn't the only track with a bit of drum in it.
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

i like the idea of having some more acoustics & guitar over the ambience, like they are finally finding a way of melding the two sounds without compromising either. can't wait for my order!
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
Ross

Post by Ross »

Yes, the whole thing has a very soft, acoustic edge - sounds a lot more Gaz-friendly than stuff like Absolution and Surface Water on E3.
Ayahuasca
Hardhead

Post by Ayahuasca »

It sounds like Brian Eno meets David Byrne again + The Legendary Pink Dots. :roll:
Ross

Re: Environments 4 available for pre-order on Amazon!!!!

Post by Ross »

dell1972 wrote:One thing you will almost certainly get, is an email from fsoldigital about a fortnight after E4 has appeared on their site (and you've bought it) advertising it's availability. An email as an item appears on the site would be a lot more useful.
Looks like you're wrong! For those not on the mailing list...

Now available to pre-order from FSOLdigital (Released 30th April)

Environments 4
The fourth release in the acclaimed Environments series continues where the third left off. The 14 tracks journey from the river's delta to no-mans land, where murmurations lead across supercontinents and back to the clear light of reality. Strings meet choirs - cascading down to the glass valleys of synthesized biophany.

Tracks:
01 - The Wheel Of Life (3:57)
02 - No Man's Land (1:15)
03 - River Delta (4:09)
04 - Supercontinents (2:01)
05 - Sediment (2:52)
06 - Architektur (5:12)
07 - Murmurations (6:27)
08 - Sunsets (3:30)
09 - Photosynthesis (2:34)
10 - Stand A Little Less Between Me And The Sun (1:42)
11 - Fibrillation (5:43)
12 - Long Day (2:41)
13 - Vast Landscape (5:21)
14 - Clear Light Of Reality (2:37)
RazorJack
Open Loop

Post by RazorJack »

Wonderful, I can't wait to hear the full album! :D

I only hope the chirping birds are part of the "F-S-O-L digital" voiceover.
Ross

Post by Ross »

CLIPS CLIPS CLIPS
And a back cover.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Holy shit this is going to be a good album.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Beat me to it. I see Graham has some kind of input as well as Daniel Pemberton and Mike Rowe.

Oh my....
I am the eye that looks within