COVID-19: FSOLDigital sale / physical sales suspended / New Humanoid & Yage, A Controlled Vista

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

COVID-19: FSOLDigital sale / physical sales suspended / New Humanoid & Yage, A Controlled Vista

Post by Ross »

Announcement on FSOLDigital:
Coronavirus (COVID-19)
FSOLDigital has suspended all postal sales for 3 weeks.
You can still purchase vinyl, CDs and merchandise but it won't be dispatched until the end of April - thanks for your understanding.
Stay safe people.

To coincide with this, the band are also offering the main digital catalogue with a 50% discount. This only applies to Dougans / Cobain releases, not including the calendar albums.

This sale includes the two new digital EPs:
Humanoid - KAAGE EP
&
Yage - Pygmy EP

And three A Controlled Vista records:
A Controlled Vista (the Touched by Silence mix)
A Controlled Vista 2.7 - a new mini-mix
A Controlled Vista 5.6 - a new mini-mix

FSOLDigital is running really slow - no idea what that's about. Maybe lots of people enjoying the sale? Although it's never been like this on release day before...

Here's the official cover for A Controlled Vista:

FSOLDigital Presents A Controlled Vista 2.7 - Mini Pack 1
01 – The Future Sound of London – Across Lands
02 – Intelligent Communication – Drive15
03 – The Future Sound of London – Deserted Roads
04 – The Bubble Heads – Frozen in the Air
05 – Blackhill Transmitter – Karmin Line
06 – Suburban Domestic – Stillness
07 – The Future Sound of London – Multiplying Mutations
08 – Humanoid - Co-Pilot
09 – Smart Systems – The Tingler (30hz remix)
10 – The Future Sound of London – Recollection
11 – The Future Sound of London – Nagware
Running time 30:40

FSOLDigital Presents A Controlled Vista 5.6 - Mini Pack 2
01 – The Future Sound of London – Reacting
02 – The Future Sound of London – To be Expected
03 – Humanoid – Z clouds
04 – The Future Sound of London – Australian Animal5
05 – Humanoid – Transparent Form
06 – The Future Sound of London – Dreaming with the TV on
07 – The Future Sound of London – Multiplying Mutations
08 – Yage – Despite
Running time: 30:06

Yage - Pygmy EP
01 – AP.BAC (05:11)
02 – Recause (06:50)
03 – Tunnel (03:26)
04 – Only If (05:40)
05 – Pygmy (07:19)
Running time: 28:24

Humanoid - KAAGE EP
01 – KAAGE (05:15)
02 – Static Objective (04:07)
03 – Aennuiosk (04:44)
04 – Event Null (04:29)
05 – Void Over (03:10)
06 – LoadedMethod (03:44)
Running time: 25:29

Two hours of new music today, and nearly three hours for those who have yet to hear the first ACV. They don't do things by halves, do they?
sigESANg5
Tingler

Re: COVID-19: FSOLDigital sale / physical sales suspended / New Humanoid & Yage, A Controlled Vista

Post by sigESANg5 »

Bloody brilliant !!! Thanks for always delivering FSOLdigital 🖤
Trigga Bo
Tingler

Re: COVID-19: FSOLDigital sale / physical sales suspended / New Humanoid & Yage, A Controlled Vista

Post by Trigga Bo »

12 years later?
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

What a lovely surprise - Grabbed just the A Controlled Vistas (vistii ... Or is vista plural anyways ?) today so as to not overload the seemingly crushed servers. Will grab all the rest sometime this week :)
Ross

Post by Ross »

Trigga Bo wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:16 pm Image
12 years later?
That banner was from 2012 when the EP was first announced. Appeared on the relaunch of FSOLDigital when it changed to the current design.
Trigga Bo
Tingler

Post by Trigga Bo »

that's right, 8 years ago... age :oops:
[+] Oooh and did you know that ...
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Was that 'Vertical Pig (live) - taken from In Two Minds' the Athens 2009 ISDN set ?
Ross

Post by Ross »

That's the one.
Chris3d
Hardhead

Post by Chris3d »

Great news. I think I will grab them all!
Rob
Tingler

Post by Rob »

Today, will not work in the afternoon. So, it will be accurate 2nd deep immersion into the new releases. Agreed, at least the KAAGE EP should be published on vinyl / Yage's Pygmy actually is the best medication for my own spiritual health / the ACV mini packs 1 & 2 are just for the courageous adventurers in....the darkside....literally, had to convince myself that i was not dreaming with the TV on last night....that's ultrapsychelic vista beyond control i was talking in a previous post...TRIP! Wtf The Bubble Heads are...forever AGAIN & AGAIN! Ok, calming down now :D
Ross

Post by Ross »

The Yage EP reminds me a lot of Blackhill Transmitter actually... drums, guitar, the atmosphere, overt krautrock influence.

ACV 2.7 is an odd one, six previously released tracks and one from 5.6 as well... will have to have a deeper listen, but the unreleased material is good, especially the acoustic opener. ACV 5.6 is excellent, on first listen it might be my favourite of the three.

Humanoid is interesting, almost entirely scrapping the acid and going full on IDM this time around. Will need some more listens to get my head around this one.
sigESANg5
Tingler

Post by sigESANg5 »

So far I've heard ...

A Controlled Vista 2.7 - Currently my favorite out of the three mixes, but this will keep changing as they are all excellent.
A Controlled Vista 5.6
Yage - Pygmy EP - Wow, very surprised by this. It sounds to me like a hybrid between Blackhill Transmitter and bits of new Amorphous Androgynous. Top production! AP.BAC, Recause, and Pygmy are stunning :o

Tonight I will dive into the Humanoid - KAAGE EP !!!
sigESANg5
Tingler

Post by sigESANg5 »

sigESANg5 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:38 pm So far I've heard ...

A Controlled Vista 2.7 - Currently my favorite out of the three mixes, but this will keep changing as they are all excellent.
A Controlled Vista 5.6
Yage - Pygmy EP - Wow, very surprised by this. It sounds to me like a hybrid between Blackhill Transmitter and bits of new Amorphous Androgynous. Top production! AP.BAC, Recause, and Pygmy are stunning :o

Tonight I will dive into the Humanoid - KAAGE EP !!!

Totally blown away by the HUMANOID - KAAGE EP !!!! :o This is probably my favourite from this set, just wow! Hope this EP gets a physical release sometime in the future <3
Reamonnt
Hardhead

Post by Reamonnt »

Cool, I just picked up FLAC Environments 5 and 6.5. Ive got Blackhill Transmitter now in the cart and need a suggestion as to what should join it for the 4th FSOL purchase of the day!
Ross

Post by Ross »

If you don't have it already, Archived 9 is a recent highlight.