FSOL Touched Mixlr 4 - November 13th

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Re: FSOL Touched Mixlr 4 - November 13th

Post by epitome »

Oh nice, a couple of hours of FSOL-ish mixes - should keep me going until I get the new Amorphous CDs :)
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Wasn't sure if this warranted a whole thread (especially as unless we get info from the guys themselves it's just speculation) but this mix raised something I've always been meaning to ask: I wonder which of the two of them (or both) were just so darn hard to get hold of that they have seemingly hours of answer phone messages?!

This one in particular mentions them being able to take a visit to the Amazon (paid for by the BBC?) - did this every come to anything? and a big thing regarding Lifeforms. I've always been curious as to whether they ever got back to these calls - For some reason I get visions of them discovering the answerphone about a month or two later, not listening to them and just dumping the whole thing into their DAT tapes for future use :D
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I'd imagine it was the phone at Earthbeat. Makes you wonder if they actually ever answered the thing!
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Ross wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:07 pm I'd imagine it was the phone at Earthbeat.
Oooh of course - I've reached a point now from this year that I'd temporarily forgot that not-working-from-home was actually a thing that people did back in the past !
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

To be fair, the idea of electronic musicians having a standalone 'studio' has been a bit of a weird idea for a while now. For better or worse.