Dead Cities 2LP reissue

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
billybatts
Tingler

Re: Dead Cities 2LP reissue

Post by billybatts »

yeah thanks Ross. the litho version was the same price as the normal one on recordstore. But damn, had to resist filling my basket with some of their cool prints.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

I so didn't need to buy this. Already got 2 CD versions of it but .... It's Dead Cities, I *have* to have it !
Neil
Hardhead

Post by Neil »

mcbpete wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:54 am I so didn't need to buy this. Already got 2 CD versions of it but .... It's Dead Cities, I *have* to have it !
Agreed. I have the CD version with the book, and last year bought a vinyl copy off Discogs (paid too much for a not so great copy). The vinyl re-release was an instant buy, but then i saw about the version with the litho print and my wallet shed a tear... but haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Just received the 12'' with the litho print (is 'litho' just a posh name for slightly shiny cardboard?!) - It's 12''x12'' in size and is the same image as the front cover of the album (including the 'The Future Sound of London' & 'Dead Cities' text at the top). Oddly the image seems to have been upscaled from a lower resolution version of the album cover art leading to everything being slightly pixel-y (everything except for the white 'The Future Sound of London' text)
Neil
Hardhead

Post by Neil »

Cheers for the info mcbpete. I do love the cover. My only other FSOL poster/print is a massive poster of a speaker that i got years ago and can't remember where from, but i've kept it for decades! Don't think i'll ever get away with putting that back up in my house - questions would be asked :lol: . The litho might be more discreet.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

A lithograph is based on how it's made (using a plate, apparently).
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Forgot to mention (not sure if it's of use Ross or not but ...) - The lithograph prints are a hand numbered edition of 100, I have unlucky #13
Rob
Tingler

Post by Rob »

mcbpete wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:33 pm Forgot to mention (not sure if it's of use Ross or not but ...) - The lithograph prints are a hand numbered edition of 100, I have unlucky #13
Mine came today....big surprise..... #1/100 ....ta daaah! :D
The envelope of the litho print have also its own barcode....just wondering if it is an in store "thing" or just Virgin/UMC's official "marketing strategy"...anyway cool print to frame!!! :)
Rob
Tingler

Post by Rob »

mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Rob wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:20 pm Mine came today....big surprise..... #1/100 ....ta daaah! :D
Och .... collectors jealous, damn you - congrats :D