FSOLdigital

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Graham Hicks
Hardhead

FSOLdigital

Post by Graham Hicks »

OK, so if you go to fsoldigital.com you'll see a spangly new website. Hopefully all is present and correct and we're trying to sort out little things like encoding information, audio samples for every album, etc, etc. If there are any glaring errors please let me know.

The bad - Unfortunately you will have to set up a new account as I couldn't port over the previous customer database. I hope that's not too annoying. Also, we're unfortunately having to bump up the shipping costs due to the Post Office hikes earlier in the year. It should still be a bit better than the actual cost but something's had to give I'm afraid.

Enhanced Archives 1-3 - Not on the shop yet but will be in the very near future as (hopefully) "mcbpete approved" downloads ;-) I'll post on here when they are live.

So, onto amorphousandrogynous.com and futuresoundoflondon.com .... Hopefully will include such wonders as more of the attached.

mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Re: FSOLdigital

Post by mcbpete »

Bloody ace news man - thanks for the heads up ! (and a big chuckle at the 'mcbpete approved downloads' :D )

EDIT: Really love the new look - clean, clear, and great usability too. Look forward to purchasing from and using the site in the very near future. And ooh the mechandise section is tempting !

EDIT2: And woah, is there any recordings of Floor in particular 'Tales From A Baboon's Stomach' anywhere, the only reference I can find is from Ross' site. I wonder at what point Gary changed his surname to Cobain for press stuff ?
RazorJack
Open Loop

Post by RazorJack »

Nice!
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

thanx for the scan.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Huah!

Really great new releases, the fsol sampler 2 sounds incredible mix apriori,woah!
And nice to see new Ross Baker Stuff ,film soundtrack is very interesting too.
About the compilation is another nice surprise from fsoldigital

I feel need t-shirst on merchandise page but in general is excellent update for fsolweb, more clean and interesting now, only i feel that the fsoldigital need a bios(or take the Ross Fsolnews page)for complete info in the web, not only cart and shoping web.

Great news indeed
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Yeah, Tito/RONTXO is right :)

- Don't treat this like a business shop only,
new people find out about FSOL every day - so give them some basic education, biographies, timelines, stuff like that.
- Also - NEWS page is a must.

Another obvious flaw - the releases, all of them it seems - the don't have YEAR of releasing, so it's kinda confusing for newer users.
It's important to know what release is from 2012 and which ones are from 2002 and 1992 :)

PS

And a question :)
- If here now we have FSOLdigital Sampler 2 - what was Sampler 1??
You're doin' too much, do less.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Pandemonium wrote:And a question :)
- If here now we have FSOLdigital Sampler 2 - what was Sampler 1??
I'm thinking it must be this - http://www.fsoldigital.com/?product=fsol-digital-mix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know suggestions are bloody annoying when you're just trying to get the functionality sorted when starting a new site but I was wondering if it'd be a good idea to have a semi transparent black background to the table on the menu items on the left (similar to that of the links at the top of this site) as some of the text is a little difficult to read:

Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Oh God, where to start? That sampler - Environments 5, Archive 7, Pygmy, plus In 2 Minds and EMS Piano and Light Senses definitely on their way - and The Bringers, The Field Recorders and Superheads (maybe a reference to Brian's first band The Heads?), who are they? And The Woodlands of Old Outtakes, 'The Environments Series'?? My oh my, they don't do things in halves, do they?

Art prints - nice - if only I had some money!

Field recordings compilation, looks quite interesting.

And that article. Wow. More exciting history. That pre-AST era when they worked together is such a mystery, wonderful to find out more about that. Looking forward to the new sites.

Really like the new design, the best yet. Surely not a problem with it just being a shop as that's what FSOLDigital is - an online label/shop. With a new futuresoundoflondon.com coming it should all tie in nicely.

Also strange to come online and find my soundtrack is released! Wasn't expecting that until later in the year!

This is a lot to take in on a lunchbreak. Hmm.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

"Environments 5, Archive 7, Pygmy, plus In 2 Minds and EMS Piano and Light Senses definitely on their way - and The Bringers, The Field Recorders and Superheads (maybe a reference to Brian's first band The Heads?), who are they? And The Woodlands of Old Outtakes, 'The Environments Series'?? "

where are you seeing all of this stuff?

and is everything you mention here NEW as of like today?

i can't even keep track of how many environments, archive, EBS there have been at this point ;p
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

seedy wrote:"Environments 5, Archive 7, Pygmy, plus In 2 Minds and EMS Piano and Light Senses definitely on their way - and The Bringers, The Field Recorders and Superheads (maybe a reference to Brian's first band The Heads?), who are they? And The Woodlands of Old Outtakes, 'The Environments Series'?? "

where are you seeing all of this stuff?
They're listed on the FSOLdigital Sampler 2 - http://www.fsoldigital.com/?product=the ... cious-mind" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Aaaaand here goes all my money. I'll take BOTH signatures on those prints please! ;)
Proceed with visual attack.
darktrain
Tingler

Post by darktrain »

thinking of buying FSOLdigital Sampler 2...will it be just tiny samples of each track into a half hour mix...has anyone purchased this and listened to it?
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

I think the website (old and new) needs a quite a bit of work.. sometimes you can't see the black text from the black background and there's no bio, news, links or anything like that, it's just a digital store. Also, the address http://www.futuresoundoflondon.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; directs to the old site. Otherwise

from the source flows the endless...
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Also, seems to be a kink regarding shipping addresses. Anyone else ordered a physical item from website today? My email confirmation came back with my bill-to address as the ship-to address, even though its filled out correctly on the website. I've contacted Graham about it.
Proceed with visual attack.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

i want a poster, jayyyyy...
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me