The Cartel

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
ronniedobbs
Expander

Re: The Cartel

Post by ronniedobbs »

really hoping this comes out before the end of the year, I wanted to take it on a trip with me.
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Looks like Volumes 1 and 2 are now on Amazon as a pre-order. Release Date of December 2nd. Label is FSOLDIGITAL

Volume 1

Volume 2

Check out the blurb, it seems old monobrow is involved in it, and a third volume of remixes etc to come:

Volume 1:
"The Amorphous Androgynous is the psychedelic rock-tronic supergroup created and produced by The Future Sound Of London. Following on from their legendary and award winning (MOJO magazine compilation of the year) ''A MONSTROUS PSYCHEDELIC BUBBLE (Exploding In Your Mind)'' DJ series, The Amorphous Androgynous have started a parallel series called MONSTROUS BUBBLE SOUNDTRACKS which aims to explore groovy sub genres of the MPB concept, but rather than DJ/compile, they write and produce all the material themselves in a classic soundtrack vein. The first one is ''The CARTEL'' a study of psychsploitation (where psychedelia meets blaxploitation) and traces the lineage from LALO SCHIFRIN, QUINCY JONES, CURTIS MAYFIELD, JOHN BARRY, ENNIO MORRICONE through to OCEANS 12. Aided and abetted by a stellar cast including Noel Gallagher himself on bass and guitar plus RAVEN BUSH (of fast upcoming Canterbury folk psych band SYD ARTHUR) on violin plus the Amorphous Androgynous themselves (both as producers and band) adding all manner of sonic delights centred round a core collective of hammond/drums/violin/harp/flute/guitar/bass/brass and vibraphone The CARTEL comes in two volumes with a third volume of remixes & reworkings from a whole host of invited guests and artists/producers to follow thereafter."

Volume 2:
"The Amorphous Androgynous is the psychedelic rock-tronic supergroup created and produced by The Future Sound Of London. Following on from their legendary and award winning (MOJO magazine compilation of the year) ''A MONSTROUS PSYCHEDELIC BUBBLE (Exploding In Your Mind)'' DJ series, The Amorphous Androgynous have started a parallel series called MONSTROUS BUBBLE SOUNDTRACKS which aims to explore groovy sub genres of the MPB concept, but rather than DJ/compile, they write and produce all the material themselves in a classic soundtrack vein. Aided and abetted by a stellar cast including Noel Gallagher himself on bass and guitar plus RAVEN BUSH (of fast upcoming Canterbury folk psych band SYD ARTHUR) on violin plus the Amorphous Androgynous themselves (both as producers and band) adding all manner of sonic delights centred round a core collective of hammond/drums/violin/harp/flute/guitar/bass/brass and vibraphone"

I'll be sitting tight waiting for the appearance on fsoldigital.
I am the eye that looks within
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Wow, cool. Waiting for fsoldigital appearance is the best probably in terms of any bonus stuff applying the downloads again.
Magnificient Insignificance
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Yep. They usually release it a little earlier on fsoldigital, the money goes straight to them with any middle men and it will be nice if there's another bonus thing like they've done in recent times with the fsol products.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

I wonder, if there's more MB-soundtracks to follow, will they incorporate maybe some of that 'yet to release'-stuff from all the peppermint-booklet album announciations? Would be great.

The appearance of Mr. Gallagher now as a regular bandmember seems quite surprising to me btw. :shock:
Magnificient Insignificance
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I'm still certain the whole Noel thing was blown out of proportion by him in the media. He likes a good rocknroll blow up story.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Can't wait... :)

PS - I hope Noel is not present on this release.
You're doin' too much, do less.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Aha, revenge is mine! Read the release details properly Mr. Panda, at least some of it features the Gobby Mancunian on bass and guitar.

I'm actually disappointed that the various Oasis fansites haven't spotted this yet, I'm quite looking forward to the outrage and vitriol!

I'm still at this point assuming they're instrumental albums, which should put off many of his more er mainstream followers.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

I don't follow... what does Gobby Mancunian has to do with Noel??
You're doin' too much, do less.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I guess that's a little lost in translation. Noel is a gobby mancunian, which I guess translates into BBC English is "Outspoken Gentleman from Manchester".

The marketting description includes the following: "Aided and abetted by a stellar cast including Noel Gallagher himself on bass and guitar plus RAVEN BUSH (of fast upcoming Canterbury folk psych band SYD ARTHUR) on violin plus the Amorphous Androgynous themselves (both as producers and band) adding all manner of sonic delights centred round a core collective of hammond/drums/violin/harp/flute/guitar/bass/brass and vibraphone"

I'm guessing Noel appears in some form on the previews we had a while back on Youtube.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

There's covers now (hopefully they display alright):

Looks like Lysa Bartlett stuff.

ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

here's a resize of Vol 2, since Vol 1 was already posted.

play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I'm going to get this out there before someone else does - why couldn't it have been a double album?
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

yeah it's kind of silly
leonb2273
Hardhead

Post by leonb2273 »