KISS 100 Transmission 4 Track / 2nd Echoes Interview

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Nmesh
Open Loop

KISS 100 Transmission 4 Track / 2nd Echoes Interview

Post by Nmesh »

Hello all. I rarely post, but I have a couple burning questions I should have just asked a long time ago - for anyone with a track listing (if there is such a thing) for the 4th KISS FM Transmission. There is this achingly beautiful track played around the 9:00 mark of track 4/6. I know it was used numerous other times throughout the other KISS Transmissions. Its the super ambient one with the sample "There are some extremely odd things about this mission". Sounds like it could be original FSOL material, or maybe even a Global Communication track I might be unaware of. Can anyone ID it?

2ndly... I was lucky enough to catch and tape the first Echoes (on NPR) interview when it was on back in 2002 during the Isness era... Unfortunately, our local public radio took that program off their lineup 5 or six years ago :x , and since have learned that there was a 2nd interview (you hear the snippet of Brian being introduced to John Diliberto midway through Electric Brainstorms Vol. 1 - mislabeled "Echo Interview") Does anyone have a recording of the full interview? I'd very much like to hear it in its entirely. thanks.
Proceed with visual attack.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: KISS 100 Transmission 4 Track / 2nd Echoes Interview

Post by Ross »

If this is 4th transmission from The Pod Room then I believe you'll be looking for Global Communication:
http://secondthought.co.uk/fsol/111193.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are a bunch of live tracklists here. Most of the pages are missing - a proper updated version will be appearing with the new version of the site in the new year.

Echoes interview. Now, I don't remember anything about this other than the EBS sample. Could you maybe share the first, unless it's already around and I don't know about it?
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Yes!! Thats it. Incidental Harmony. What a beautiful track. I suppose I need to get disc 2 of 76:14... Well I suppose if I'm the only one out there with the 2002 Echoes interview with Garry, I should probably share it. :) I'll upload it, and post the link later on this evening.

Thanks Ross.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

good stuff.....i only "found" global communication not too long ago!

while on subject....daniel pemberton? i have his basement album as well as tvpopmuzik.
i suppose there's nothing else for a fan to grab other than the prehistoric soundtrack that i'm not too interested in?
just weird that i hear this awesome stuff on FSOL mixes but no idea where to acquire them.

also ross.....ISHQ????
i've been recently getting into this and imo it's really ambient in the way that biosphere is.
i find biosphere to be a bit "darker" but to me both Ishq and Biosphere seem to be pretty "minimal" as far as ambient music goes
thoughts?
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Mark Pritchard and Tom Middleton did some AWESOME music back in the day, I just found out that their track "Links" as Chameleon was also featured in one of the Kiss Transmissions as well:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Such an impressive track, also Jedi Knights was a good step in another direction after 76:14.

Anyway I've wondered about that interview as well, there must be a full version somewhere...
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Ross, how I didn't think to check your page for a track listing baffles me. Must have been a massive brainfart.

@Seedy - Glad you've discovered Ishq. I got into the works of Matt Hillier a decade ago when Orchid was released on Interchill... Such an incredible piece of work... "Fluid Earth" in particular was what got me hooked. If you haven't looked into it already - everything he's released on his VIRTUAL label is worth purchasing. He's got projects under a bazillion different pseudonyms too, all worth checking out.

Well folks, here it is - the 2002 Echoes interview, ready to download. Sendspace links expire quickly, so I went ahead and uploaded it to my Soundcloud, and I'll keep it up for a bit for you guys to get.

http://soundcloud.com/nmesh/2002-echoes-interview-fsols

And here's the link to the playlist for that week, with the description:

http://www.echoes.org/playlists/wk37-02.html

As far as the the interview with Brian that I've been seeking for quite some time now... (really, how often do you ever hear an interview with Brian?) I'll shoot Jeff Towne an email at Echoes and see if he might be able to help... Echoes archives a lot of their interviews, but its probably old enough by now that its not available on the website. (I've looked.) In the meantime, enjoy this one!
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Thanks for sharing this
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Ross

Post by Ross »

Dan Pemberton - there's an album coming on FSOLDigital at some point. He's done a LOT of soundtrack work for TV in the UK too.

Ishq - absolutely no idea, who's this?

Nmesh - awesome, thanks very much! I'll add this to the press section for the forthcoming site update. :D
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Ishq is pretty good, with really awesome moments form time to time...

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ishq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You're doin' too much, do less.
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Ishq is worth a listen. My favorite work of his is the album Orchid: http://www.discogs.com/Ishq-Orchid/release/66873" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
His stuff is kind of a mix between Biosphere and Woob. Sometimes it gets a little too new-age for me but in general, really good melodic, meditative ambient music.
Last edited by OffLand on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Ross »

Ah lovely, that sounds appealing. I shall check out in due course (ie next time I fancy some 90s style ambient type stuff)
RazorJack
Open Loop

Post by RazorJack »

Thanks for mentioning Ishq, whoever in this thread did it first. Hadn't heard of them, really nice stuff!
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

haha sweet!

yes Orchid is the album from Ishq that really got me interested.
So far the only one i've heard beyond that is Skyscapes which is a bit more minimal.
good stuff though....very relaxing and a lot of the orchid tracks give me a lifeforms vibe.....not with the music itself....but where it takes me emotionally.....just very organic and nature vibes etc ;)

wow...a dan pemberton album released via FSOL???
i would think this means it will be his best effort to date!
would be extra awesome if fsol were involved in some of the tracks as well but either way i'll take it! ;)

.....now if i can only get some of you to check out NODENS ICTUS - SPACELINES ;)