FSOL on Wipeout 2048?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

FSOL on Wipeout 2048?

Post by Ross »

Not sure how accurate this is, but this site suggests the announced artists to feature on the next WipEout game are:

• Orbital
• Leffield
• The Future Sound of London
• Underworld
• Deadmau5

Make of that what you will!
OffLand
Ill Flower

Re: FSOL on Wipeout 2048?

Post by OffLand »

Take that site with a grain of salt. None of the soundtrack for 2048 has been announced yet. Until Feb 22nd...
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Wipeout 2048 Soundtrack Revealed!

http://n4g.com/news/clickout/913090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anile – Change Of Direction (WipEout mix)
Camo+Krooked – Breezeblock (WipEout mix)
Deadmau5 – Some Chords (WipEout edit)
DirtyLoud – School Of Funk
DJ Fresh ft. Sian Evans – Louder (Drum Sound & Baseline Smith Mix)
Future Sound Of London – We Have Explosive (2011 rebuild) WipEout edit
Kraftwerk – Tour De France 2003 (WipEout edit)
Noisia – Regurgitate (WipEout 2048 Edit)
Orbital – P.E.T.R.O.L (Final Drop Mix)
Orbital – Beelzedub
Rockwell – BTKRSH (WipEout edit)
The Chemical Brothers – Electronic Battle Weapon 3
The Prodigy – Invaders Must Die (Liam H re-amped mix)
Underworld – Kittens (Will Saul & Tam Cooper Remix)

And from somewhere else :

"Of these fourteen tracks, four are remixes from songs heard in previous Wipeout titles. P.E.T.R.O.L. was exclusive to the PAL territories release of the 1995 original. We Have Explosive was featured on the soundtrack to Wipeout 2097/XL. Kittens was on the soundtrack for Wip3out. Electronic Battle Weapon 3 is a remix of Under The Influence, which was also a part of the Wip3out soundtrack.

DJ Fresh, Kraftwerk, Noisia, and The Prodigy have been featured in previous Wipeout titles as well. 2048 also marks the debut of Deadmau5 on a Wipeout soundtrack - which will be a huge selling point for this game alone when you consider how much his popularity has skyrocketed in the last year."

So something kinda new very soon, wonder if it'll have any Polemical influences this time :P
Ross

Post by Ross »

2011 Rebuild. Interesting. Very interesting.
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Wow, this is one of the better Wipeout soundtracks since Wipeout 3. I hope that the 2011 Rebuild is based off the Herd Killing version of We Have Explosive. :)

I'm amazed that everyone (except Leftfield) from that original list was actually on the soundtrack.
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Mmm, if there's not going to be an official soundtrack CD/download released then there's no way I'm gonna be able to hear it - The last handheld I bought was a Nintendo Game & Watch ...
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

You'd have thought it would make commercial sense to release a soundtrack. It'll be interesting to hear what they do with the rebuild especially since it's the very track that made Gaz rethink the way they were going. Mind you I doubt we'll get an AA style version, though they did end up playing it live didn't they? Will it be a more gliched up version, or somehow a neo classical attempt, or a slightly disappointing barely distinguishable remix. The fact it's an edit implies part of a larger piece.
I am the eye that looks within
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

I'd guess that the 2011 WHE will be at least a little different. Maybe a little more dancey?
The edits for Wipeout games usually clock around 3 minutes so that they fit the length of a race. So yeah, who knows how long the full version will be.

They may release the soundtrack digitally, especially if it sells well. I'm sure the whole soundtrack will make it's way to Youtube within a week or two of the game's release.
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

The last officially released soundtrack was Pure, and that was a PSP launch title. So I'm guessing they could do the same to advertise both 2048 and the Vita.

The 2048 demo comes out on Jan. 17, so we could be hearing it earlier if its included (some youtube playthrough for some)

The soundtrack seems to be a good back catalog of previous soundtracks. Fusion had some good tunes on it (Hybrid remixing FSOL on there, plus Smartbomb :D), the soundtracks since have been mediocre at best. Too bad Leftfield ain't on there, since they're back on the road.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

For those interested, the trailer for this is here:

http://www.myelectricvisions.com/2012/0 ... oundtrack/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally I can't hear any sign of We Have Explosive in the clip. It's released in Japan on thursday and the rest of the world on February 22nd. No word about whether there's a soundtrack to be released that I can find.
I am the eye that looks within
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

First listen at "We Have Explosive (2011 Rebuild)"
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Audio is really poor and the sound effects are too loud. Difficult to make out. The drum beat is completely different though. Much more spastic on this version.
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

We Have Explosive (2011 Rebuild) (05:20)

This is a brand new remix. You can tell it's a remix of WHE (uses the same vocal sample though sparingly thank god) but it also sounds quite different from the original. The drum beat is totally different (simpler and very electronic) and in some ways it's a bit more melodic (more guitar samples in the mix this time). The result is over five minutes of driving techno. Rebuild is definitely a better word for this one.
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Who made this re-build? sure sound diff to the fsol style, is more Lmfao Style than Fsol.Nice for 2012 party people

Last edited by Tito Lozano on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Ross

Post by Ross »

Is there a link to hear this anywhere yet? Bit expensive to buy the game just for the track, heh.
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

There is a link but It's illegal so I won't post it. Do you think it would be OK if I uploaded the track to youtube?
Tito Lozano wrote:Who made this re-build? sure sound diff to the fsol style
I agree. Not sure if FSOL had anything to do with the remix aside from providing samples. Then again WHE is totally unlike anything from Lifeforms so maybe they did the rebuild themselves. ??