Environment FIVE: out 8-Sep-2014

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
RazorJack
Open Loop

Re: Environments 5 coming soon...

Post by RazorJack »

Awesome :D
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Id like the boxset please, maybe with some additional goodies included apart from the CDs? :) And the single too please, eh...so here goes my Kaoss I wanted to buy
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Gotta say the idea of a 40 minute single is really quite appealing. The first since Mello Hippo. Or even WHE, in proper FSOL terms.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Does this mean that Environments 5 might be a double? Lots of good things coming up by the looks of things!

Oh, and just in case they are gauging reaction to the suggestion on here, a long form single thing would be very very welcome in my opinion.
I am the eye that looks within
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

While we are making wishes for the box/singles and all stuff connected with the Environments series,
- can I ask split tracks for Environments 1 too ? :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
Alcofribas
Hardhead

Post by Alcofribas »

I am excite!
Jack Absorb.
Hardhead

Post by Jack Absorb. »

Excellent news; each successive Environments album seems better than the last. Another five-part, forty minute EP would be most welcome as well.
RazorJack
Open Loop

Post by RazorJack »

Hm, I still think E1 is best, after that I'd say they're pretty much the same in terms of awesomeness.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Hmm... I think I agree with Jack on this one...
I think they did build up pretty well, but E2 and E4 have that special album with it's own world feel :)
Ross

Post by Ross »

Absolutely love 2 and 4, 1 is a wonderful return to the 90s stuff. Still not so fond of the more stripped back sound of 3 though, although it contains some of their best work (Summer's Dream, Glitch in Cellular Memory, End of the World).

I'm surprised we've not heard anything new about 5 yet... it's looking to be an autumn release at this rate. Anybody out there??
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Yeah, E3 is a strange cookie...
It sounds wonderful if you consider it a compilation :)
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

E3 never grabbed me the first few times I heard it - re-listened to it again a few weeks ago and really loved it. Full of cracking tracks
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

E3 has got some really great stuff on it, but structurally it's a bit disjointed for my liking. It starts out really well, but then to me the inclusion of The Empty Land/My Kingdom made it seem a bit more like a From the Archives recording. Then it gets to the point where there are a whole load of tracks that just kind of drift by in a blur and then you are jolted with Heart Sick Chord which doesn't fit in, lasts ages and doesn't really go anywhere.

Don't get me wrong, there's not really much I dislike on there, and I agree as a compilation it's great, but the whole thing doesn't fit together as a whole as well as E2 or E4.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

E3 has got some really great stuff on it, but structurally it's a bit disjointed for my liking. It starts out really well, but then to me the inclusion of The Empty Land/My Kingdom made it seem a bit more like a From the Archives recording. Then it gets to the point where there are a whole load of tracks that just kind of drift by in a blur and then you are jolted with Heart Sick Chord which doesn't fit in, lasts ages and doesn't really go anywhere.

Don't get me wrong, there's not really much I dislike on there, and I agree as a compilation it's great, but the whole thing doesn't fit together as a whole as well as E2 or E4.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Yeah, it's definitely the most Archives-like of the Environments albums. Track-for-track it's fantastic, but it just doesn't hold together quite as well. Compared to E2, which is stylistically and structurally perfect in how it holds together as a record - although it doesn't have quite so many stand-out tracks.