Environment FIVE: out 8-Sep-2014

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Re: Environments 5 coming soon...

Post by Dennis »

Ah, beautiful. I predict an album full of 'real' instruments this time. Reminds me alot of the more recent EBS-mixes mood-wise.
Magnificient Insignificance
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Samples are absolutely wonderful. Combined with those on The Fears and Fantasies of the Unconscious Mind... well, this is going to be a killer.

Gaz:
very proud of this upcoming FSOL album.. some very deep personal synchronicity behind it which feels like i've reconnected with my former self at the same time reconnecting ( here via facebook ) with some incredibly important people from my past. Don't quite know why i let such people leave my life and don't quite know why i left FSOL behind when it represents such a huge emotional aspect of my personality but there you go...we are a mystery unto ourselves sometimes......love this track featuring the wonderful RAVEN BUSH with a majestic violin performance 'IN SOLITUDE WE ARE LEAST ALONE ' can't wait for people to hear the whole track and album...
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Very interesting. So Mr.Cobain is obviously really back in full FSOL-mode like Ross predicted here months ago...
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Gaz broke me in two when I read this, he sounds so emotional about it all <3
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

don't quite know why i left FSOL behind when it represents such a huge emotional aspect of my personality
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss :twisted:
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Gaz really stabilized and got more coherent in this last year or so. Don't know why - but I'm glad it's happening.

In the swedish Lifeforms@20 interview he sounds sharp and always on the spot with the comments, and still retaining his complex style of speaking. FB comments confirm this also.
- I also chatted with him a while ago on messenger, and we kinda confirmed that - everything he said was spot-on.
You're doin' too much, do less.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Sounds like he's pretty happy with what he and Brian are coming up with at the moment. In Solitude We Are Least Alone sounds like the Isness meets the new neo classical FSOL style. Lovely stuff.
I am the eye that looks within
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Not as dark as I was thinking it might be... but sounds wonderful all the same :) Now I just want a release date!
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

That 'Source of Uncertainty'-thingy seems to incorporate the Blackhill Transmitter-like noises from the first trailer at the beginning - this is also so damn great - very 'Summer´s Dream/Sunken Ships'-style - this with the other AA-Violins/Harps/indian spirit on top and this album´s definitely for me...I bet this will be a great listen in golden october/autumn time...
Ross

Post by Ross »

The healing process can take time. Obviously it's taken those 1997 sessions, the dive into a wholly Amorphous, un-FSOL world of the '00s, the Dead Cities-centric Teachings From the Electronic Brain, incorporating acoustic stuff into Environments 4, etc. to get there, but now it seems Gaz is at the point where he can express himself through FSOL again.
I doubt we'll get anything as cold and electronic as Dead Cities ever again, but obviously there's an ambient soundscape perspective which can express the warmth, looseness and humanity of Gaz's newer, more laid back side, and that's something they're exploring now. Which is fantastic because it means it's always going to give us new sounds and directions, rather than simply trying to recreate the past.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Dennis wrote:I bet this will be a great listen in golden october/autumn time...
It already feels like it's turning to autumn here in the UK, so we're ready for the release any time now :P :mrgreen:
Ross

Post by Ross »

Shekera Brown (aka Cala Monique) had commented on Facebook, contributing this useful snippet:
Picking up my new album creating by fsoldigital remaking the environment 5
Ross

Post by Ross »

Dennis
Ill Flower

Re: Environments 5 out 15th September

Post by Dennis »

Label is fsoldigital rather than jumpin&pumpin?
Anyway, most important thing is we all picking up our new album creating by fsoldigital remaking the environment 5 in less than 1 month!!!
seedy
Antique Toy

Re: Environments 5 out 15th September

Post by seedy »

lol such a mystery that woman

all on top of current releases and such