New AA album - Facebook updates

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Re: New AA album - Facebook updates

Post by Dennis » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Ross wrote:
Ross wrote:Quick update - 'We Persuade Ourselves We Are Immortal' "album-length single" will be out in Jan
Now due in April.
Slowly they really seem to enter "new Tool album"-territory with that next AA one... :D
Magnificient Insignificance

Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:56 pm

Gaz just likes to get ahead of himself. He always mentions things in interviews that end up coming out months / years after his initial dates. Brian's similarly 'flexible' with terms like 'soon' (ie 18 months). Until we actually get a 100% official release date, always assume that what the band say is optimistic. :D

Ross

Post by Ross » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:47 pm

https://www.facebook.com/10000543172812 ... 8649948183
We’ve been working up the 2nd path of
‘ We Persuade Ourselves We Are Immortal ‘ to be a veritable ‘ Synthony On A Theme Of Immortality ‘ with Dave Spiers on the keys & artwork concepts with Gavin Penn nicely gathering pace in a parallel universe of an accompanying art booklet .......

Inspired by 70s sci-fi art and one particular soundtrack by Frank Ellis ( Vangelis ! ( ‘ I was working as keyboard tech for Jon Anderson ( YES ) and one day I answered the phone for him and a voice on the other end of the line seemed to say in an exotic accent at odds with the name ‘ hi -it’s Frank Ellis ‘ ‘ I don’t know a fuvkin’ Frank Ellis ‘ said Jon dismissively when I conveyed the caller’s name to him gesturing to me to promptly hang up.
5 minutes later ( a rather ‘ sheepish ‘ )) Vangelis rang back “ ( from the conversation archives of Dave Spiers )

A 55 piece choir seals the deal next month after 8 months scoring and rehearsal ...! Phew ... almost there .... to the cosmos and back !

The Amorphous Androgynous with Peter Hammill album length single ‘ We Persuade Ourselves We Are Immortal ‘
Given that the choir isn't recorded yet, and that needs to be done before we get the multi-path Immortal single which will precede the main album, I don't think we'll get the full album until well into the second half of the year. Still on target for the Christmas 2016 deadline then :lol:

Synths on this are sounding bloody great, anyway.

edit: Gaz says on Instagram that "the album" is due "second half of this year". Whether this means the Immortal album-length single or the actual album, who knows! I'd guess probably the latter.

Ross

Post by Ross » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:11 pm

Some more Facebook chatter from last week:
this track has had its own time frames simply because of the choir and strings aspects . The choir has mostly been recorded now so it’s all in hand now at least .
The main song can now be mixed !!!! This synth path ‘ A Synthony On A Theme ‘ I’ll be looking at choir samples etc ... getting there ... but still work to do to set it up at press / manufacture etc will take 3 months so probs 5 months from now
So... September for the lead single. I don't think we'll be getting the full album until 2020 now.
main song is almost 13 mins then paths/ versions - flow between those will be pretty special methinks . Not sure of total duration yet but quite a few different angles on the track for ‘ the journey ‘ ..
eg been working with this extraordinary fella Varrod Goblink ( Regal Worm / Cobalt Chapel / I monster ) toward a church hymn version based on our mutual love of quintessential British 60s/70s horror !
Think Choir , strings and all his vintage organs used to great effect on a church arrangement of the tune .. proper creepy !

Rob
Hardhead

Post by Rob » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:28 pm

Ross wrote:So... September for the lead single. I don't think we'll be getting the full album until 2020
Really hope that all this great work behind next AA album will get a large consent, as one masterpiece deserves.

Ross

Post by Ross » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:38 pm

Something's got lost in translation there. 'Consent'?

Rob
Hardhead

Post by Rob » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:29 pm

Ross wrote:Something's got lost in translation there. 'Consent'?
Damn google translator :D large approval maybe?

Ross

Post by Ross » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:55 am

Ahh. Acclaim, perhaps! Yes, I'd like to hope so. This is the first proper album since the Noel Gallagher and MPB era, and it'll be the first since Alice to get a proper promo campaign, so hopefully there'll be some eager reviewers out there.

Ross

Post by Ross » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:03 pm

This has just dropped off the front page, in time for Gaz to post footage of pictures from the cover being displayed at a gallery... somewhere. What I'd imagine is the final mix is also playing.