Environments 6

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Re: Environments 6

Post by epitome »

There's one track exclusive to vinyl by the looks of it: Silent Around Them

So 47 tracks in total - not bad :) Plus the 12 calendar tracks over the course of next year.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Vinyl ships on the 28th, doesn't say CD.

46 tracks!
Ross

Post by Ross »

Given that they've been unafraid to fly in the face of modern day vinyl audiophiles and actually put more than 7 seconds on a side without panicking - Environments II has 30 minutes a side - the fact that the LPs are each 5-6 tracks shorter than the CDs suggests that these are long albums. We could have two 75 minuters here, which would make this whole double record an absolute whopper.
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

does the CD come with downloads?
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Ross wrote:Given that they've been unafraid to fly in the face of modern day vinyl audiophiles and actually put more than 7 seconds on a side without panicking - Environments II has 30 minutes a side - the fact that the LPs are each 5-6 tracks shorter than the CDs suggests that these are long albums. We could have two 75 minuters here, which would make this whole double record an absolute whopper.
Yeah, if this counts as one full album then it could be their longest, even longer than Lifeforms. I'm all in favour of that. But... is it one album, or two? Or does it not really matter? 8-)

So you think the CDs might ship out sooner, Ross? I was tired and excited when I placed my order, just remember reading something about shipping on the 28th and assumed that applied to what I was ordering (the CDs), but now I'm hoping to get them sooner then :)
EDIT -- decided not to be so lazy and went on the site to have a look. Does just specify vinyl, as you said, Ross, so hopefully CDs will be with us pretty soon next week (or tomorrow if we're feeling really optimistic!)
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

ronniedobbs wrote:does the CD come with downloads?
Don't think so.
Blu Mar Ten
Hardhead

Post by Blu Mar Ten »

bought 6 & 6.5 digital this morning. can confirm they're a work of beauty, unsurprisingly.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Blu Mar Ten wrote:bought 6 & 6.5 digital this morning. can confirm they're a work of beauty, unsurprisingly.
*jealous* - wish the CD did come with the download too. Then again, I do quite like having my first listen on disc (not sure why). How long is each album?
Graham Hicks
Hardhead

Post by Graham Hicks »

Just to clarify

CD's are in and ready to go.
Vinyl will be shipping from 28th (unless there's some unknown delay from the pressing plant)
CD's don't come with downloads, only the vinyl
Ross

Post by Ross »

Fingers incredibly crossed for them arriving tomorrow. Send them next day delivery Graham, you know you want to!
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Ordered. Download ready to burrrrrn...

130 minutes of music!!! The longest FSOL-album up to date. It´s a bit like christmas and birthday at the same time today...
Magnificient Insignificance
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Ross wrote:Fingers incredibly crossed for them arriving tomorrow. Send them next day delivery Graham, you know you want to!
Seconded! Can't wait!

Also, I suppose I will accept the blame for any confusion over when the CDs might ship out - clearly hadn't had enough coffee this morning, sorry! 8-)
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Dennis wrote:Ordered. Download ready to burrrrrn...

130 minutes of music!!! The longest FSOL-album up to date. It´s a bit like christmas and birthday at the same time today...
Ooh, comfortably over two hours... *drool*
Blu Mar Ten
Hardhead

Post by Blu Mar Ten »

epitome wrote:
Blu Mar Ten wrote:bought 6 & 6.5 digital this morning. can confirm they're a work of beauty, unsurprisingly.
*jealous* - wish the CD did come with the download too. Then again, I do quite like having my first listen on disc (not sure why). How long is each album?
6.5 is 65 mins
6 is 63 mins
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Holy crap, I look away for like half a day and there's effectively three new albums on preorder!
I am the eye that looks within