What are you listening to?

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by tryptych »

The EU wasn't ever really MEANT to "work". It's just a big globalist scam to channel all the money to the private sect.. oh sorry wrong meeting :D

Think about it; when starting a small business is made basically impossible by all the insane EU regulations, the CARTELS (lol) take over and people are left with very little or no options at all. I really wished that we wouldn't see such a dystopia happening but it's here and now. Crime will increase (and the privatized prison system will profit), riots will increase, poverty, mental health problems.. it's all connected.

Cyberpunk anyone? :D

And RazorJack, I don't know where you're at, but the people are not the problem.. they're trying to haul in cheap labor and cut down the costs for profit. That's what it's all about. Greed.
from the source flows the endless...
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

While overpopulation is not the main problem - it definitely IS a problem.

Mostly because of the advanced tech and robotization - there simply isn't enough normal job-slots for everyone...

And there are MORE people every day... the stat say every 34 years the population DOUBLES !
You're doin' too much, do less.
RazorJack
Open Loop

Post by RazorJack »

I am from Den Haag, the second biggest city in The Netherlands. The country should appear underneath my avatar, if I'm not mistaken. Cheap labor I think is only possible up to a certain level, unless you're living in North Korea.

Currently I think there is no real overpopulation yet, just bad distribution, but if those projections are accurate, there will be in the near future.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Ulrich Schnauss & Mark Peters - Tomorrow is Another Day
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

I think that this planet is fully capable of supporting even more people, the question is how the wealth and resources are distributed. The more are more you look into this stuff, the more you realize that almost EVERYTHING that mainstream media is blasting out is a straight out lie. It's almost like a mirror image of the truth.

Now listening to: Front Line Assembly - Epitaph

I guess the guys are big FSOL fans, their 90's -> 00's stuff is great, but it puts shit into contrast how ahead of time (and unique) Dead Cities was in '96. I think that FLA shines on heavier pieces, like Backslash (which is probably my favorite track of theirs). I'm still whipping myself for not seeing when they were here last time. I also dig their latest stuff although there's some dubstep influences but I think they pulled it off.

It's incredible how unifying FSOL can be, industrial/ambient/metal/psychedelic/rock fans.. it's all there.
from the source flows the endless...
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

The planet IS capable of supporting more - just not with this system.
The projections are - with current technology it can support up to 20 billion with very little effort, and much more if the resources are handled correctly - but this won't happen any time soon. Because at the very least, to start with, basic food, basic clothes, basic roof - should be free. And they can be - scarcity of food is an illusion. People needlessly die every day all over the world. But, as long as we have the money system - this won't change.

The theories are solid, the tech is there, everything is ready. Then why nothing changes??

- Because too many people like us know all this stuff and talk shit at Boards all over the net :) - but do nothing more than that. (and/or decided to go along and try to beat/cheat the system.) These kinda stuff don't change with talks my friend -- as history teaches us many times over -- this won't change until there's blood on the streets and people hanging on squares. With our collective civilization level there simply is no other way. The most elemental core of the system we ourselves built is corrupt, and it's almost impossible to start over.

PS - I like FLA too :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

I have the first Touched compilation on shuffle.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

seedy wrote:PS.....let's just relive this comment once more

dell1972 wrote:Jerome's mullet emerging through the dry ice haunts me to this day...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Was just reading a review of Turn of the Tides on Rateyourmusic and was reminded of this post by this sentence:
Edgar Froese's son Jerome had joined as a full partner, on keyboards, electronic drums and mullet
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

loooool!
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Haha! I wonder if he still has the mullet.

The fact you're reading reviews of Turd Of The Tide scares me, you're not thinking of listening to it are you? Don't do it Ross, it's their worst release with Tyranny of Beauty being down there in the effluent with it. It makes me cringe just remembering forcing myself to get through it repeatedly in the hope of finding some redeeming feature - I could identify with it in no way at all. Perhaps reading about it is less painful than listening to it.

The first EP of Tangerine Dream with Ulrich Schnauss appeared yesterday on my doorstep by the way, along with the previous EP for a frame of reference. I've not had a chance to listen to it yet though. Looks like it'll be that and the Syd Arthur Remix thing tomorrow for me.
I am the eye that looks within
Ross

Post by Ross »

Oh, I found a very cheap copy of Rockoon so decided to give it a go (not quite as bad as it could have been) and ended up reading reviews of their '90s output as a result. I did quite enjoy the first Dream Mixes record and think I will probably keep that as an alternative to Turn of the Tide and Tyranny of Beauty.

His mullet has calmed down a little, but he's still not going to be winning any style awards...
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Ozric Tentacles - Strangeitude

Great album... but...

I have the 2 disc Snapper release and the last two tracks on the bonus disc are the exact same as the last two tracks on the main disc (albeit switched around). What's the point in that?!
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I don't mind Rockoon that much, although in hindsight it probably put me off the band for about a decade. The worst thing is the song titles that were obviously picked by Jerome (Big City Dwarves being a particular favourite). I must remind you that you once turned down a copy of Froese senior's classic solo album Stuntman from me (for free), and yet Rockoon now sits in your collection and you paid cash for it! You let yourself down there Ross!

Nice to see the mullet still there, even if it is toned down now. I vaguely recall he was all black leather and skin tight jeans in the late eighties, looking as though he'd failed an audition for Europe. The early Dream Mixes is I guess the respectable face of those two albums. I maintain that Jerome's finest moment is Dream Mixes 4.

The new music will have to wait for another day. In my wisdom I bought a Pono Player and after initial setup and addition of music my PC is ignoring its existence. What I do have on it sounds fantastic, but I need to get the planets to align tonight in order to listen to a load of new stuff.

Interesting to see their online store has a fair amount of Virgin's FSOL catalogue listed, but none is available in the UK yet, and only at CD quality.

https://ponomusic.force.com/ccrz__Produ ... ext=future sound of london&isCSRFlow=true&portalUser=&store=
I am the eye that looks within
Ross

Post by Ross »

dell1972 wrote:I must remind you that you once turned down a copy of Froese senior's classic solo album Stuntman from me (for free), and yet Rockoon now sits in your collection and you paid cash for it! You let yourself down there Ross!
I think I'd reached TD saturation point by then and couldn't handle any more!
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

lol this discussion cracks me up

epitome - do you mean the mad fish release w/ weirditude and live throbbe?
if so i think that bonus disc has live versions where disc 1 has a studio version of weird and i guess a different and more polished live version of throbbe

i don't have that 2 disc version to know fo sho tho