What are you listening to?

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Tito Lozano »

I´m into some side projects as Transit Kings, HFB or Screen , my favourite work are FFWD album and demo,last works are great , love The Dream, but i really made fan of the Weston/Paterson music era. Will be a pretty news 1 day when old Paterson & Weston would make "Peace" on their conflicts as simple mortals and make a fucking The Orb album together for the people and not for only for get royalties...
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

haha i don't see that ever happening tito

weston is a wild man =P
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Ha. Really can't see that happening. Shame, though, Baghdad Batteries is the only post-Weston Orb record I can really listen to.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

I think all of Orblivion and Cydonia for most parts though being "post-Weston" I like very much, the latter maybe lacks the flow of earlier releases, though the tracks themselves are all good.

About the promo-versions of Cydonia - the tracks on the 2CD-version are not mixed/sequed as this was always the case with orb albums, so I suppose it was not the finished version anyway...does anyone know more on that?

The only albums after that that work for me are OkieDokie and Baghdad Batteries. Concerning the Dream - I still can´t stand those Dancehall- influences on Mother Nature, though some of the other tracks are quite good actually.
Magnificient Insignificance
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I honestly never 'got' Orblivion - I know it's pretty well liked, but it always seemed like a bit of a racket to me. Lots of rhythm, not much ambience or texture. I love the single version of Asylum, though.
RazorJack
Open Loop

Post by RazorJack »

Dennis wrote:Concerning the Dream - I still can´t stand those Dancehall- influences on Mother Nature, though some of the other tracks are quite good actually.
I was really disappointed they didn't play anything from The Dream when I saw them live. It seems to me that a lot of these songs would do really well in front of a crowd. Instead they mostly played ambient stuff :x

np:
Mechanism Eight
Unreal Tournament OST (1999)

Soo many more awesome tunes in this game!
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Right, I've got the two promo versions of Cydonia now - I think. Now I just need to find time to listen to them!
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Ross wrote:I honestly never 'got' Orblivion - I know it's pretty well liked, but it always seemed like a bit of a racket to me. Lots of rhythm, not much ambience or texture. I love the single version of Asylum, though.
Yeah, it's quite 'drum 'n bassy', but there's lots of textures and ambiences going on on the first 5 or so tracks! Sounds totally ace to me, just classic stuff. Toxygene is super too, but the one with the apocalypse talk and 'passing of time' are a bit hard to get into, I agree, there's indeed some annoying drumwork going on. It was the late 90ies I guess! (Too much cocaine :) )
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

lol
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

seedy wrote:well i do hope you listen to king crimson

and i don't believe you are there yet......but once you are ready to enter the realm between say....ozric/floyd/sabbath/crimson........you simply must check out some GONG :!: ;)
Just been checking out a band called Hidria Spacefolk - you like them?
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

haha yeah i got all their stuff they're ok

i used to be heavy into the online ozric scene back in the day and that's ofcourse where i first heard of them
once the last solid lineup split around 2001 etc. some of the older peeps like perma migrated to hidria lol
sometimes i feel like they imitate ozric just a bit too much or something but all said it's still good music

there's a band from budapest called Korai Orom that a website told me was real close to ozric musically so i had a listen for the heck of it and they're quite good too
a bit less ozric sounding than hidria spacefolk and a bit more....world? idk
worth a listen though youtube etc ;)

now playing some venetian snares

lol he so cray :P
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

PS.....let's just relive this comment once more

dell1972 wrote:Jerome's mullet emerging through the dry ice haunts me to this day...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Haha, great.

My childhood TV memories are full of haunting mullets; from McGyver to the Franz Beckenbauer-led german world championat football team from 90´ - mullets (or as we refer to in german: VoKuHiLa) mostly in combination with moustaches signal power, virility, the will to succeed and vitality on almost every level. So it was engraved in my subconsciouss when I was about ten or so. :)
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

seedy wrote:haha yeah i got all their stuff they're ok
I thought they sounded really good. I actually added two of their albums to my basket and was almost going to buy them... then I thought, "hang on, you're struggling to listen to all the albums you already have, get a grip!" and I cancelled my order. Hooray for willpower! :D
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

haha well done

well i would say that if you are spending your hard earned money there surely are other collections you would want to expand or complete before getting to these

keeping the ozric comparison alone i would say to make sure you have every album up to and including The Hidden Step at a minimum 8-)