Enofa - The House by the Sea out now

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: International Debris - New mix!

Post by Ross »

New mix, entitled Under a Black Moon. Various bits of the next ID album stitching this together as well as one track from the album at the end. And lots of favourites, new and old. Listen and enjoy!

Aphex Twin - Red Calx
Brian Eno - Under
Zeebox - 7000 Years
Tangerine Dream - Persistence of Memory
International Debris - Music for Airports
Ambot - Alvnlok
Bedroom - The Dream
Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-la-la Band - So Some Lonesome Corner So Many Flowers Bloom
Deaf Center -
John Murphy & Underworld - Pinbacker Slashes Capa
Seafar - Awake From Sleep
Neotropic - Home
International Debris - Thapochys
Dead Can Dance - Persephone (The Gathering of Flowers)
Blackhill Transmitter - Landslides
Brian Eno - From the Same Hill
Aphex Twin - Phuqed Up
Jack Anderton - Gully
Dementia and Hope Trails - Never Warm
Caustic Window - Phone Pranks
Aloonaluna - Apnea Method
Nathan Fake - The Sky Was Pink
Rick Smith - Tokyo <> London 3
cubus - Chaffron Bevron (We Know Nothing Else)
Luke Howard - Family
The Future Sound of London - Glass
The Damned - Curtain Call
International Debris - The Lost Colony

dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Re: International Debris - new mix!

Post by dell1972 »

I will have to give this mix a listen at some point. Is the actual album going to get a release on any non-obsolete format at some point such as digital?

I genuinely have no nostalgia for cassettes. If you put an album out on 8-track though, that would be another matter...
I am the eye that looks within
Ross

Post by Ross »

It'll be on the Metaphysical Circuits Bandcamp at some point, I reckon once the tapes are nearly sold out...
Ross

Post by Ross »

Couple of new pieces on this compilation - a slightly daft piece of FM synth with mangled guitar solo called 'Ketamine Heart', and a noisy live-in-bedroom jam called 'Cyndi Lauper on Toast'.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Ketamine sounds like a Tangerine Dream soundtrack piece :) nice!
You're doin' too much, do less.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Ha cheers! Heavily inspired by '88/'89 TD so glad you picked up on that. :)
Ross

Re: International Debris - Anxiety EP, free download - out n

Post by Ross »

Anxiety [Diazepam 5mg: 465] is a collection of personal pieces I recorded over the past few months whilst dealing with both Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, both of which I have struggled with much more than normal in recent times. Perhaps unsurprisingly the mood of the six pieces is downbeat, although the final track is a field recording of a blackbird singing, which is my favourite sound, and listening to it has been one way I have been able to calm down and distance myself from my negative thoughts.

Due to the personal nature of these tracks I haven't gone for a 'traditional' release, but today I decided I'd like to share them with people, so cobbled them together into a six-part EP. Part 1 was written with Shelldove; part 5 originates from sessions recorded with Noisesurfer.

Free / name your price download.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

I'm literally liking each track more than the previous one,
which probably means the only not-awesome track is the first one :)

- maybe I'll change mind on the second pass...
You're doin' too much, do less.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Thanks man. :)
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Ross wrote:Image
Love the art & design of this ! :)
Ross

Post by Ross »

Thanks! Thought it was time I went with something more striking than Generic Ambient Landscape Photo #71, quite happy with how it came out.
Ross

Post by Ross »

dell1972 wrote:Is the actual album going to get a release on any non-obsolete format at some point such as digital?
Here we are.
Also now available on my Bandcamp: digital versions of Terra Incognita, Obliquity & Coutie Tree; lossless versions of Beacon Tor (Soundtrack), The Curse of Kevin Carter & The Underbelly of Consciousness; and a new updated edition of Eyebrook. My main back-catalogue, some experimental EPs aside, is now on there, all in time for the release of Ambifauna next month.

On the Psychonavigation page for the album:
Ambifauna is the second album by International Debris, a musical project by Ross Baker. The album follows February's Bathe in the Lights of Distant Cities on Metaphysical Circuits by expanding the sound dramatically. With a smaller cast of collaborators (Gregg Jackson on sitar and Five Minute Alone's Dimitris Avramidis on piano), Baker allows the music to move amorphously from track to track, melding lush ambient chords to abstract sound collages and occasional forays into skittering rhythmic sections. At all times the music is widescreen in sound, painting an intricate sonic picture of a densely populated landscape.

In his own words the artist says : My music is always a case of ebb and flow, and just as I stepped away from creating widescreen, organic electronic soundscapes a few years ago, to focus on creating intimate, lo-fi ruralist music under my own name, so I found myself in late 2014 feeling it was time to continue along the first path I set myself. Ambifauna is culled from around four hours of recordings made in the last four months of 2014. The sessions featured everything from abstract ambient to even a dubstep track, and it took some time to craft the final album from these pieces (the final mix is the sixth or seventh version of the album.) This was the first time in quite a few years that I'd worked on segueing the entire album together, very much influenced by my favourite group, The Future Sound of London.

The album features two collaborations: Gregg Jackson is one of my oldest friends, although this is the first time we'd worked together on a track in around ten years; Dimitris is my musical partner in Middlemarch, and I'm helping him put together his long-overdue debut album as Five Minutes Alone. Both collaborations were conducted via the internet.

In some ways, Ambifauna is a much delayed follow-up to Safernoc (released on FSOL Digital in 2011), taking everything I've learned since then and applying it to the ambient-techno-soundscape format I was using at that point. It is also probably my most intricately produced work to date and one I am incredibly proud of...

File under : FSOL / Ambient / Chillout
seedy
Antique Toy

Re: International Debris - Ambifauna out 20th July

Post by seedy »

yes that anxiety release might be my favorite i've heard from you ross

for me it peaked at track 4 :)
Ross

Re: International Debris - Ambifauna out 20th July

Post by Ross »

Ah cheers :) Really glad you enjoyed that one, a very personal work. Seems to have been quite popular!
Ross

Re: International Debris - Ambifauna OUT NOW!

Post by Ross »

Ok, Ambifauna is available from the label now. You can stream, and purchase digital or CDr from Psychonavigation.
This one is heavily indebted to FSOL, in structure certainly - it's a varied set stylistically, and has some dense collages segueing it together. A lot of ambient stuff but some fairly rhythmic tracks in there too. Anyway, I'm sure people will find something to enjoy there.
For those two prefer, it'll be available on Amazon in two weeks time.

And a freebie to help promote the album: a cubus remix and a new collab with Off Land.