Terminal Radio

Terminal Window / Terminal Radio discussion
Nmesh
Open Loop

Re: Terminal Window 2

Post by Nmesh »

Just an idea. I took the tiny little design in the corner of the AST 12", cleaned it up, and plopped it on its side. I dunno...

Proceed with visual attack.
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

I like both, they're both look appealing in their own ways. We could use one of these as the Terminal Window logo instead, it doesn't really have one yet, or use with the Terminal Window bandcamp address underneath it.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

The spiral hand needs to be re-done, as I lifted it straight from a web image whilst making the kids tea.
But you get the idea. We used to use a little wooden block stamp from india, with the spiral hand... on our flyers, back in the 90's. It's an ancient symbol. Nmesh's looks more futuristic, they both have different qualities.
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

Its really difficult trying to produce a decent logo.Im currently trying to figure a Herd one out.Personally although I feel that we need one for the FSOLboard I dont think we should rush into using some that are already made.I think we should all have a think and come up with something original.If it takes time then so be it.I think thats a better solution than rushing and then being stuck with something we might not all be happy with.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

Agreed.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Indeed :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

OK, after 2 sleepless nights, i finally finished the Terminal Radio mix for Five Minutes Alone, and submitted today morning. I hope Im not late for the deadline, thanks for the patience and for giving me the opportunity to present my music publicly for the first time...
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Awesome guys, deadline day today and pretty much everyone has sent me their mixes! This is so cool, free drinks for everyone :D

I'll go through over the weekend and listen through them and see what will go where. Like I said before, there's actually enough to nearly fill up a second volume as well. I'll organise what's going into volume 1 then also make a list for volume 2 so far, and we'll go from there.

Talk soon!
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I have to say, the unveiling of Five Minutes Alone is quite exciting for me, really wonderful to know people will be hearing that mix especially.
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

Yeah looking forward to hearing Five Minutes Alone too - in fact I'm looking forward to hear how it all mixes together.I assume this wont be taking long to put together as its only a case of putting together a mix of other peoples songs? :D
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

I just hope you guys will like the mix i came up with. The mix features 3 tracks of mine, 2 of them are reworked and one is new, plus 4 more tracks from my favorite artists.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

I've put together the first volume. I think first off it would be good to try and get everyone who was involved in the Window series into the action. So after much thought the line-up for Volume 1 will be:

NMESH
ROSS BAKER
OFFLAND
LOOSE LINK
HERD
AKKYA
FIVE MINUTES ALONE
DARK ELECTRONIC POETS

So, all star cast nearly, topped off with a exciting newcomer and a collaboration between Sven Meyer and Noisesurfer, in keeping with Terminal tradition :)

The order might still be swapped round a little, but the line up won't change.

Like I said, there's nearly enough mixes for two volumes, so the line up for Volume 2 so far looks like:

NMESH
cubus
LOOSE LINK
SVEN MEYER
NOISESURFER
MISCHAPEX
(EMPTY SPACE)
(EMPTY SPACE)

Nmesh will be contributing a 2 hour mix he started earlier this year, updating it as he goes. I might do another mix or replace wih with a Clockwork Keyboard mix, and cubus has left me to sort out a 90 minute into parts, so Ive placed tht into volume 2. Solo mixes by Sven and Noisesurfer plus a special mix by Mischapex. There are two spaces left so anyone who wants to do a mix or do another one feel free to jump in.

Volume 3 is in the air atm, anyone who wants to appear on that instead buzz here.

Bascially yeah like TW2 its all joined together, cutting off a few seconds for mixing sake of course. For now i'll try and get the first volume up so far for everyone to listen to (probably on soundcloud)

Later though the original plan should take shape as there will also be audio plugs throughout for Terminal Window, FSOLBoard etc mixed iin, I've also been thinking about an intro song to use every volume. If anybody wants to come up with one to use then feel free. This is planned for the second volume but the first volume will also be updated accordingly.

That's all for now guys, i'll be back with a preview, over the next week. Hope you guys like the line ups, discussion time! :)
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Right, and here is volume 1! Best place to put it so far is Mixcloud. I had an awesome description written for this but couldn't fit it into the character limit, but anyway hope you all enjoy it!:

http://www.mixcloud.com/TerminalRadio/t ... mission-1/
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

WRITE IT HERE :)

and can you upload it to soundcloud asap so I can download to my phone...
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

and I can contribute some new previews of my new album to volume 2 in a 15 min mix if there's a spare space going ... ?