(1997-01) The Future Sound of London - Teachings from the El

Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

(1997-01) The Future Sound of London - Teachings from the El

Post by Ross »

THE FUTURE SOUND OF LONDON - TEACHINGS FROM THE ELECTRONIC BRAIN (1997)

MTV 1997

Part one:
Everyone in the World is Doing Something Without Me
Yage (Oil Mix)
Max
We Have Explosive

Part two
My Kingdom
Quagmire
Glass

Part three
Oil - Slight of Hand
Mountain Goat
Slider
FSOL/Dead Can Dance Sound Samples

Notes:
Teachings from the Electronic Brain is believed to be the end result of the project initially dubbed Yage: The Movie. Although script extracts found in the By Any Other Name booklet show that the latter was a much more advanced, film-like proposal, nothing was spoken of the project after this video was aired. Shown on MTV in 1996, the half-hour special pieces together Dead Cities material with a couple of earlier cuts, set to a huge array of footage; from the city-like explorations of the My Kingdom promo footage to then-state-of-the-art CG worlds. The video has yet to see an official release, although a promo copy did sell on eBay for over £200 a few years ago!

Described by the band as "an electronic soup - culture is minced through the machines here at the brain producing a non-linear TV programme - chunky ingrediants include spoken word -comedy - music - poetry - information and philosophical shorts presented by amorphous changing entity Yage and film - animation - cg - first airing MTV Europe Mid July"