Humanoid - Built by Humanoid - out June 2019

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
radiantsilverlabs
Hardhead

Re: Humanoid - Forthcoming album

Post by radiantsilverlabs »

Hi guys, I am the maker of the video, for the remix of Post Human (ironically my second vid for this song, I loved the ARCON 2 remix enough to pass up using a different tune!), excellent track btw. The video that has been released is purposefully 2D, in that will not work in a VR headset or act as a 360 video - but we adored the appearance. BUT, I have a fully 360 one that will work, and I am gagging to release it, main problem seems to be a bug in Youtube where a weird 3d checkbox gets ticked around every hour, requiring me to manually uncheck it. This is the only reason that we did not release 2D & 3D versions of the video at the same time!!! Is still driving me crazy, anyone who can help let me know. I am glad though to come here and see the videos being shared up to the day, it gives me faith in this community, and I am glad to be back. I am a massive fan and now if you have an acute eye you may notice I have done multiple videos for FSOL in recent times (credited as Gareth Murfin) and in exchange I will be receiving tracks for my game "Genocide Dolphins", I would love if all you guys could follow it, I am really struggling to get likes, glad you enjoyed the video, stay tuned for the 360 vid which will work in VR headsets just as soon as we figure out this really annoying bug!
https://www.facebook.com/genocidedolphins/?fref=ts
Last edited by radiantsilverlabs on Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
radiantsilverlabs
Hardhead

Post by radiantsilverlabs »

I have just "fixed it" but I fear it will only last one hour, let me know if its 360!? no one can see this due to this terrible youtube bug ;-/
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Yup, 360 works for me - holy shit it's pretty impressive :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Fabulous - yep works here. Good work man :)
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

'Humanoid - Built by Humanoid' - June 7, 2019

https://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/1 ... y-humanoid
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Amazing! Nice find. Amazon have it down for 20th June, CD and vinyl.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Official blurb from Amazon:
Brand new album from Humanoid, the group who scored a National Top 20 hit with "Stakker Humanoid" in 1988, and a National Top 40 hit with the track again in 1992. Humanoid was the start of a journey that lead its creators to The Future Sound Of London and the ground breaking "Papua New Guinea". Now they have been back in the studio for this brand new album "Built By Humanoid"
Rob
Tingler

Post by Rob »

Finally!! :D
Ross

Re: Humanoid - Built by Humanoid - out June 2019

Post by Ross »

FSOLDigital pre-orders will be up soon, shipping from 30th June.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Built By Humanoid is Humanoid's second album, a mere 30 years after the debut, though Brian Dougans claims the first album wasn't really him anyway. Humanoid's classic acid house single, Stakker Humanoid, highly regarded as one of the key tracks from the era (Richard James (Aphex Twin) sights the Stakker project as a major influence), enjoyed massive success in 1988. Reaching No.1 for 5 weeks in the UK dance charts, performances on Top of the Pops, a John Peel session for the BBC and European tours eventually led to an album deal.

Whilst all this was happening, Brian Dougans (one half of electronic legends Future Sound of London) claims he was returning to his squat in Kings Cross with no electricity or water. He not only became disillusioned with the business, but also became increasingly ill from the conditions he was living in. Around 6 tracks into the album, he left London and record label, Streetsounds, returning to Manchester to recover and regroup his thoughts. However, Steetsounds pressed ahead with the album and it was finished in Brian’s absence with guest performers.
Brian left Humanoid behind and went on to create FSOL with Gaz Cobain becoming leading lights in the burgeoning ambient scene, scoring a top 10 album Lifeforms on Virgin Records. In 2003 Rephlex (Aphex Twin’s label) released a posthumous album of 1988 out takes compiled by Brian.
Recently Humanoid tracks have been popping up on modern compilation albums (Touched Music / Gasman, etc) signalling a possible return.

Built by Humanoid is a brand new nine track album of future acid cuts, breaks and electronics, a lot of which is credited to 2 synthesisers co-designed by Brian Dougans and English Electronics company Digitana. It is this innovation that has helped usher Humanoid back into the limelight and consequently the album has a rather new and unique sound and style. The track Polymath is created using a possibility / probability theory that results in a track which at no point repeats itself - 303 tinged acidic bubbles. Meanwhile Traktion is a break beat, pulse laden, bass heavy monster. Fu*k It is the future sound of 303. Fast, frantic and beat driven. Whilst Post Humans combines thumping 909 and 303 into an acid hallucination.
Rob
Tingler

Post by Rob »

Ross wrote:Built By Humanoid is Humanoid's second album, a mere 30 years after the debut, though Brian Dougans claims the first album wasn't really him anyway. Humanoid's classic acid house single, Stakker Humanoid, highly regarded as one of the key tracks from the era (Richard James (Aphex Twin) sights the Stakker project as a major influence), enjoyed massive success in 1988. Reaching No.1 for 5 weeks in the UK dance charts, performances on Top of the Pops, a John Peel session for the BBC and European tours eventually led to an album deal.

Whilst all this was happening, Brian Dougans (one half of electronic legends Future Sound of London) claims he was returning to his squat in Kings Cross with no electricity or water. He not only became disillusioned with the business, but also became increasingly ill from the conditions he was living in. Around 6 tracks into the album, he left London and record label, Streetsounds, returning to Manchester to recover and regroup his thoughts. However, Steetsounds pressed ahead with the album and it was finished in Brian’s absence with guest performers.
Brian left Humanoid behind and went on to create FSOL with Gaz Cobain becoming leading lights in the burgeoning ambient scene, scoring a top 10 album Lifeforms on Virgin Records. In 2003 Rephlex (Aphex Twin’s label) released a posthumous album of 1988 out takes compiled by Brian.
Recently Humanoid tracks have been popping up on modern compilation albums (Touched Music / Gasman, etc) signalling a possible return.

Built by Humanoid is a brand new nine track album of future acid cuts, breaks and electronics, a lot of which is credited to 2 synthesisers co-designed by Brian Dougans and English Electronics company Digitana. It is this innovation that has helped usher Humanoid back into the limelight and consequently the album has a rather new and unique sound and style. The track Polymath is created using a possibility / probability theory that results in a track which at no point repeats itself - 303 tinged acidic bubbles. Meanwhile Traktion is a break beat, pulse laden, bass heavy monster. Fu*k It is the future sound of 303. Fast, frantic and beat driven. Whilst Post Humans combines thumping 909 and 303 into an acid hallucination.
Thanks Ross!! Spreading your updates :) Almost 5 years now since the original post!!!
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
Ross

Post by Ross »

A peek at the back cover:
Ross

Post by Ross »

Radium Audio and Leon Mar credited with additional production.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Pre-orders now up

01 – Orfan Atmosphere (03:03)
02 – Polymath (06:13)
03 – Blokd (03:26)
04 – Traktion (05:39)
05 – Fu*k It (06:34)
06 – To Function Autonomously (04:12)
07 – Post Humans (04:18)
08 – A.P.E (04:24)
09 – N-Droid (05:11)

Also two Humanoid t-shirts on FSOLDigital.