EBS/MPB/Kiss/Radio 1 Mixes

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

EBS/MPB/Kiss/Radio 1 Mixes

Post by Ross »

I've had a bit of an update regarding the radio mixes and podcasts previously available in The Pod Room. It doesn't look like they'll be returning any time soon, apparently the licensing costs are so prohibitingly expensive to keep them online. As soon as anything changes they'll be back for sale through the site.

Quite sad. EBS 4 and 5 are magnificent and most of the rest of them are really great. Here's hoping they'll find a way to bring them back sooner rather than later!
Ross

Re: EBS/MPB/Kiss/Radio 1 Mixes

Post by Ross »

Also, please use this thread to post tracklist submissions for the mixes! I'm going to do an update to the tracklistings on my site in the coming weeks(ish).
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

That is sad, they were really great shows that deserved to be heard by more people. I'm glad that I have them all, I still listen to them, particularly 4 and 5. Does the same apply to the Monstrous Bubbles and Kiss shows etc? I always found it a bit odd that the MPB shows were advertised MPB 3 The Third Ear, but haven't been present on the site since before that was released.
I am the eye that looks within
Ross

Post by Ross »

Yup, anything that wasn't a FSOL-based ISDN performance looks set to remain unavailable at the moment.
It's definitely time the FSOL MPB CD came out I think!
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Ross wrote:I've had a bit of an update regarding the radio mixes and podcasts previously available in The Pod Room. It doesn't look like they'll be returning any time soon, apparently the licensing costs are so prohibitingly expensive to keep them online
im a bit dumb in this, could you please explain this to me Ross? you mean the licensing costs for tracks that belong to other artists and/or their own tracks?
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Ross

Post by Ross »

Other artists. Every track played in the mix requires licensing, which in a three hour mix is going to come to a lot of money. Who knows - the band might even have been losing money on them! I don't know the exact details.
With the ISDN shows the law works differently, given the overwhelming majority of their own material - that explains the varying prices of the shows, depending on how much material is in them. Obviously they'll get their publishing royalties back to them (only the copyright royalties will go to Virgin or whichever corporate monster Virgin is part of now), so it's a lot easier to release them.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Ross wrote:Who knows - the band might even have been losing money on them! I don't know the exact details.
If things have so, thats is even risking to loose money instead of gaining it, out of unlimited love they have for what they do. its incredible, the importance of FSOL for my life keeps getting bigger and bigger year after year
The Strange
Hardhead

Post by The Strange »

I'm happy that i've downloaded all the stuff in time whenit ws still available. got all the Kiss FM, ISDN, Radio One and EBS Shows. Puh :)
bomb23
Hardhead

Post by bomb23 »

so - as in the old FSOList / FTP days - since they are "out of print" is there any way to obtain the ones I am missing? I swear I was going to buy a bunch more but they "updated" the FSOL store and dumped 1/2 the Pod Room sessions.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Officially, no, I think the whole idea of the FTP re-appearing went under when they opened The Pod Room, released The Pulse EPs and so on, it wouldn't have been worth it. There's no storage site for unavailable FSOL material anyway. I have no idea if any of the sets have been pirated anywhere else.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

bomb23.....they can be found

just gotta do some diggin ;p
bomb23
Hardhead

Post by bomb23 »

seedy wrote:bomb23.....they can be found

just gotta do some diggin ;p
Hi Seedy, PM for my user account isn't enabled - could you please PM me - I'd like to ask you a few questions "off line"
Cheers! -M-
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

is there a possibility that what went down from the Pod Room will reappear? i had the chance to download all this stuff from the torrents but i wanted to wait till i have some money and buy them. im not an angel and used to download tons of music that i love, but FSOL are too important for me
Ross

Post by Ross »

There is, if and when licensing laws change.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

thanks Ross, please say a few words when they are back.