BPM interview 1993

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

BPM interview 1993

Post by Ross »

Don't remember if this one's been posted before? It's a recent upload to YouTube I found...

Not much there but a nice snapshot into the past.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Re: BPM interview 1993

Post by mcbpete »

Cascades - Did noone proof read it before it went to air ?! :D

Nice find though, nicely full of Gary's erm, Gary-isms !
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

It's actually stuff like this which reminds me why I LOVE FSOL. Cascade (with it's Art Of Noise-style synth stabs) is so strange and far out it's incredible.

Best "band" on the planet.
from the source flows the endless...
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

amazing find Ross, thannx
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

watching it again. i must admit that Garry's monologues always intrigued my imagination, even as much as FSOL's music. It reminds me of school days, where most of teachers were boring and i was usually doodling most of the time during the class. But i still remember from my latest experience from attending refrigeration systems engineering school, i had a teacher i was literally hanging from his lips to listen to what he has to say. I dunno, maybe its a way for me to try and understand what is inside the alien brains of these folks. Gaz might be the only speaker at all times, but Im more than sure that he speaks on behalf of Brian too, expressing Brian's points of view about things. Gaz just always sounds so confident about every word that he says when talking about FSOL, i love it, always inspires me.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
RazorJack
Open Loop

Post by RazorJack »

Nice post, thanks!
But very strange indeed, like the kilt-wearing dude in the beginning said.

I think the only monologue that can be taken even remotely seriously is the last one... And what's he talking about, wasn't PNG played a lot in clubs back in the early nineties?
The Haze
Hardhead

Post by The Haze »

Great video kudos to the uploader for this classic. :)

I don't think it would make much differance how much money was put in to this kind of music because it's never going to be mainstream. Mainly because it's an aquired taste, people either love it or they just don't get it and therefore hate it. Unfortuanally most people seem to fall in to the latter catorgory and look at you as if you were an alien when you tell them that you listen to it. :?

RazorJack wrote:N
I think the only monologue that can be taken even remotely seriously is the last one... And what's he talking about, wasn't PNG played a lot in clubs back in the early nineties?
Yeah, I was thinking i wonder if Gaz believes everything he's saying in this promo. I think some of it is kind of tougue in cheek. But he does address some interesting points / ideas.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

This was just uploaded about a month before the BPM interview. Here it is, in case you guys missed this one.

If I'm not displaying this right, apologies... here's the URL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zmdUJdfymc

Edited by mcbpete: Just to say I've tweaked the URL - it was the &related bit that was freaking it out, you just need to put the long string of characters in the youtube tags, eg - 4zmdUJdfymc
Proceed with visual attack.