Noisesurfer Mu(sic)

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Re: Noisesurfer Mu

Post by dubmasta »

You are making good sounds man, there is nothing wrong with your music and some of your stuff deserve to be on a good label and physical format, Ive recently told you that too. Dont let yourself down because your music does not sell, being a good artist or craftsman, does not always mean that you are a good businessman. Ive spent all my life trying to learn a profession to make ends meet, I am a pianist and musician, became an electronics engineer and took the risk of running a small shop/lab fixing TVs and home electronic devices and antenna/satellite systems installations. Unfortunately i was not lucky enough, as a year after i opened my business, the fucking crisis started to appear on the horizon and everything started dying.

While trying to keep my shop alive, I attended night classes to learn the profession of refrigeration and air cooling systems and studied 3 years in my 30s to get my diploma. I can install anything from a motorized home satellite system to air conditioner, and so what? Been unemployed for more than 2 years now struggling to survive, I am good at what i do but im not good at making money, i guess i was born without this part of the brain. I think i never really cared about money, unless it was to buy a CD or some gear, or weird musical instruments/toys, everything for music that is, and I have always been bad at promoting myself. Dont make the same mistake i made in 2003/4 when i stopped making music out of my disappointment. Keep your music alive bro . . .
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Thanks for support Dubmasta and all Fsolbrothers

Well this is my answer about this cruel world in which we live

http://noisesurfer.bandcamp.com/album/dehumanized-world

As last year for same time i made an Improvisation album and this is for this year

FREE Generic Cd-r with all orders from Cd Merch page.Original Improvisations on Minimal Recordings on 1 Take Only without more Adds"

Created and Played By Noisesurfer for Noisesurfer Songs 2013

Only As Extra Gift From Shop With All Orders From March
When The Store Are Back Online Again (Only stream Now)

**********************SHOP REOPEN ON MARCH***********************
credits
released 01 March 2013
All Sounds Made From the Mad Mind Of Joachim Rontxelius For New
Ambient Station For This Dehumanized World.
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

NEW SOUNDS FOR 2013

New Albums on SPrecordings,for free download or CD-r on the site:

http://www.sprecordings.com/spnet.html

Despite shrouding their album Demolution in images of earthquake-damaged cities and exploding stars, Spain's Noisesurfer creates a relaxing electronica environment. Much like Hectic Head's World Wide Consciousness last year, this release is a departure for SP's normally confrontational catalog. Full of catchy beats and percolating synth lines, Demolution completely lacks all malice and bad intention, perhaps illustrating that sometimes the most effective revolution is a peaceful one.
The Spanish project Noisesurfer takes a relaxed approach on the album Glider. Like the name implies, these electronic tracks have a weightless quality to them, playfully flitting back and forth. Many also lack the beats present on Noisesurfer’s last full length Demolution, the songs instead basing themselves on repetitive synth passages, like a slow interval or throbbing tone. Though a little too active to be called ambient, Glider operates under a lot of the same criteria, conjuring images of care-free days in happier places.

https://archive.org/details/SPNet095
https://archive.org/details/SPNet096

Enjoy
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

So I finally got some time for giving some proper treatment on some Noisesurfer albums...
I gave ADSL a few listens and let's see what we can... see... :)

album: ADSL 2011/2012

01 - Karpov Dream - acting like some sort of intro, some nice noises that reminded me of Autechre a little :)
02 - Meteosat - I just love this track - it's creepy and the echoes can be used in some horror soundtracks, or for some Zerg StarCraft II campaign - they can even use the mid track pick-up beats, awesome.
03 - Pure - techno opening... hmm... I wonder if the title refers to pure (MDMA) :) there are a few patterns in this track that I don't like, they kind of disrupt the flow... maybe its me... but the ending is cool.
04 - Fortex - again some harmonica / Jarre / Kraftwerk beats, but much better than the previous track. Overall reminds me very much of Jean Michel Jarre, don't know if that's a good thing or not...
05 - Poor Too - starts weird but develops into a VERY nice ride and gives me a trip-out every time!
06 - Trusta - continues the good ride, the ending is also very FSOLish
07 - Timepaste - and this one attack you out of the blue - I love this track - harsh and on-the-spot beats
08 - ADSL - probably the best track here - should've go right after track 2 (as I explained below, these tracks would work so much better as a few EPs)
09 - H-APR1V2 - continues the ambience from the previous track, the ending is perfect
10 - Drain - very nice flow - I imagine this track would feel much better if it was stripped down a little from all those snares and hisses...
11 - Paint Forms - this track is awesome - some very nice circuit bending (under my advisement I believe :) ) - and then some awesome breaks, and some old school reverse vinyl DJ-cutting :) I really enjoy it - I actually smoked one on this track (not now when I'm typing - it was the second time I heard it) :)
12 - Block System - all I can do is describe this one as weird... in a good way :)
13 - Untittled Song Unused - very nice structure, very FSOLish again, but with those RONTXO keyboard signatures all over. This track, and a few others on a few places, have really weird beat transitions (but this time weird not in a good way, more like a I-was-too-hi-to-mix-it-right way :) ) - the second half of this track is just messed up and... not good...
14 - Aphex Cream - hmm... the title leads me to believe that this is some kind of Aphex Twin tribute. It's a solid mind-drilling track too.
15 - Disconcience Correct - a solid ambience closing. Tracks 2/8/9/10/11/15 would make a motherfucking killer EP.

Overall very pleasant, very advanced sound structures and general sound advancement from our guy RONTXO :)
And again, I think I mentioned this on some of RONTXO's earlier albums, this one too doesn't feel like an album - it will work so much better and 2-3 EPs and e few singles. It's also too long for my taste, I usually listen to it divided in two portions. The artwork of this album ... doesn't work for me. I know RONTXO has his special gooey old-school messing in Photoshop (or even Corel or Paint or something even more rudimentary) - but I think his music could be represented much much better with some better artwork...

I also feel a little ungrateful (and like an asshole) when I'm WRITING about MUSIC - I learned a long time ago that those two things don't go together and that's why I stopped writing album critics for local magazines. (I only talk about music here with you guys and just with 2 of my friends) I also feel like an asshole when I'm writing these kinda stuff because I don't make music, and most of you guys do, and I know how hard it is to poor you brains/hearts out into some track and then someone like me says 'meeeh - it's barely good' - Anyway, RONTXO asked me for my input on these and I think he will understand my words and take the good and the bad comments in a good way :)

next stop - DEMOLUTION!!!
You're doin' too much, do less.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

thanks Pande for comments,all good and bad (not too bad i thought)about music and artworks, yes artwork is not my strong, i prefer spend time on make music.

About ADSL structure were made with sounds from 2010 to 2012 and is more clear to see an evolution of tracks on this album,and well i understand that im not the next big thing on this forum and all giant music industry ,but im happy to make songs, sometime better and sometimes more noisy and nauseating,the inspiration is so,and maybe you're right that I could have done two eps with ADSL,but in the moment I was saturated by netlabels eps,now is backwards,maybe i must try make this year more eps and less albums, for this 2013 have 2-3 on line...

Your words are always welcome,always constructive criticism is actually constructed if Coming from the reason, and i know that you are very good in it, thanks for feedback bro :)
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Album review: Demolution (2012, second half, probably)

OK, this is a whole other kind of MONSTER album by Noisesurfer - probably the first REAL album in concept and all that.

HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME!
I would not dare going track by track here, because this is a beautiful concept and the tracks would not stand alone as good as the whole. The sound structure is again taken to another level further, the sound is greasy and fat and pure and full of fat little effects, just the way I like it! :) Some tracks remind me insanely of FSOL, the whole Lifeforms/Dead Cities/Archives period. Again I feel some IDM influences (I don't even know if RONTXO listens to AFX, Squarepusher and friends :) ) but its all in a good way. Also, some very nice pagan rhythms in the first 5 tracks.

RONTXO, my man, I honestly think you finally stepped up in the big leagues, at least in my book :)
I would put this album on fsoldigital in a heartbeat.

If I have to neat-pick, sure, there are still some rough edges - but knowing what kind of tech he's using - this album is insanely brilliant in terms of production of sound.

If I had to pick a favorite track, it would be
02 - Day Substance
If I had to remove some tracks, they would be
06 - Wrong Winter &
13 - The Sun Let The Way - this way the album would be 68 minutes and super enjoyable :)

Thanks again for giving this to us RONTXO
this album made me search/download other albums from this board - something I stopped doing these past 12 months because you guys went into over-production and I could not catch up :) (except for RONTXO and Baker albums)

I'm sure I'll find other GEMS soon enough - or if you send me a PM with a download link of your best stuff - I would be grateful and listen to it right away :)

Pande out :) (I gonna give Demolution another late hours spin...)
Last edited by Pandemonium on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Thanks Pande for review and comments, im glad that you enjoy this and happy to see good feedback for the album,was really very worked and reworked from previews little cuts on synths on cakewalk and then mixed with new tones and vst synths,fx and more samples or loops to add for final and then re mixed on a 1 take(this is learned via a Master called Ross Baker , and of course very Fsolish influence on concept too ,sure,and yes i listened much on 90.s 2000 much AFX and Squarepusher and another as Gimmik for example)...

And you see the same as me on Wrong winter, i thought must get for this Glider,another song that was nice sound but i was put this and im not feeling all 100% with it,but well,always can make something better for the future sure,this the idea :)

Im not use much Gear,you know only have pc laptop some vsthost and many many vst freeware and future music dvds free special vst but take much time for try rec some nice sounds and put with something to find a groove sound .

Thanks for comments and well now im work more on calm ,again only rec sounds and keep for the day when try compilated and composser a tracks for ep or album.

you can take the web links for try listen something more and some links for other people (i must update some releases from other stuff) but can take for try .

Im happy to see that the time for it and my passion on music aren´t bad and im not loose time with sillythings ,thanks bro :mrgreen:

i keep reviews Pande and i will put on the web if you are ok
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

I'm okay with it - you can put them where-ever you want :)
as I said before, I don't see them as official reviews,
more like on-the-spot personal opinions without any research (well, I got a lot of wiki-research in my head though :) )
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

And one more thing I forgot to say about the Demolution album:
It is amazing how RONTXO melts the straight-forward beats; makes the wonderful trips and then drops some breaks and awesome breakbeats right next to them - this is very rare in albums - done only by people who listened and respected both streams of early house/ambient-house stream and the breakbeat stream.
This is one of the main reasons why I liked this album so much (the breaks were good in ADSL too).
Most of you guys here (in the last 12-18 months period) tend to go drone, ambient, harmonic and very little beats/rhythms are included (except for one Loose Link release which was KILLER) - but RONTXO always goes with nice rhythms and really catches the beauty of that aspect of FSOL.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Pandemonium wrote:And one more thing I forgot to say about the Demolution album:
It is amazing how RONTXO melts the straight-forward beats; makes the wonderful trips and then drops some breaks and awesome breakbeats right next to them - this is very rare in albums - done only by people who listened and respected both streams of early house/ambient-house stream and the breakbeat stream.
This is one of the main reasons why I liked this album so much (the breaks were good in ADSL too).
Most of you guys here (in the last 12-18 months period) tend to go drone, ambient, harmonic and very little beats/rhythms are included (except for one Loose Link release which was KILLER) - but RONTXO always goes with nice rhythms and really catches the beauty of that aspect of FSOL.

Thanks again pande for comments, yes much people on forum make music , nice music and sounds and really profesional,i see great things on Five Minutes Alone,Nmesh and Tryptych as Alice is Lost ,and of course Akkya,and well you know the music of Ross,Herd,Seafar,Offland and and suppose cubus ,all people here make really great music.

About breaks and combinations of rythms Craig with Loose Link is a Master too about make breakbeats and make fucking great work with mixes and mixtues on songs and mixes

Thanks again for comments and i will try work hard on make more nice songs and try make evolution on sound and structures etc,really i enjoy with this ,i passed all my life try make something good ,live life apart :)

Great Work with all reviews Mr Pandemonium
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Demolution has some really great sounds on it, Cluster Afternoons and Demolution in the Sky in particular. However Glider is my favourite of the two, this is definitely your strongest work yet. Lovely ambient-ish sounds. Really love the title track, you should have left the full length version on there!
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Demolution is simply brilliant, some fantastic tracks on it...
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

I haven't even heard Glider yet :)
I will be giving it a go this week - but as I said - too many releases in such a short time on this board these last 8-12 months :)
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Ha, yes, it's been busy.
Glider really is great. It takes most people a few years to cultivate their sound. In this age of netlabels it is possible to release just about anything, so we've been able to hear the evolution of Noisesurfer from humble early demos, improving with each successive release, but my feeling is that were this pre-netlabel, or had Rontxo less desire to share everything, this would be the first proper album, the one with that 'yes, people are going to buy this!' feeling. Really good stuff.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Thanks for feedback Ross,yeah i maybe i will made with time a reissue of album and make changes for add glider ,and idea to put music to buy but still wait for make something better or past a time for try something more or find a label,well time to time hope 1 day can make it,for the moment netlabel options help me to promotion with the music.

And well i like make now things with more calm , these first years making music were frantic and i must think in make better "complete things" and make other stuff but with more relax.

Thanks again for comments

http://archive.org/details/Noisesurfer-DaySubstanceEP

https://soundcloud.com/thenewworck/502- ... -spiritual
Last edited by Tito Lozano on Wed May 01, 2013 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human