FSOLdigital

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Re: FSOLdigital

Post by tryptych »

RazorJack wrote:Kind of a let down, FINALLY some official FSOL shirts, but quite a few people of its dedicated fanbase have to be disappointed :( It's always better than nothing and I am keeping my hopes up for the additional sizes.
I just wish that they'd come out with this stuff 10 years ago when I wasn't hitting 30, although I don't certainly feel like it ;)

Nontheless, I absolutely LOVE the design on the Enviro shirts on a closer look, they're all really cool and I really like that the AA shirts don't necessarily include the band name, but only mushrooms.. :lol:

Music wise, the Blackhill Transmitter is totally the most interesting release IMO, also the Sand Sound Folly has that weird presence stuff going on that's on a lot of the Environments material, but live style. I may have to purchase the BHT later today
from the source flows the endless...
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

The Amorphic hands are from the Weller remixes from 2010 :)

You're doin' too much, do less.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

There was silence at first and then BOOM, we are lucky these came out right before TR10 is released.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Finally heard the clips, looking forward to grabbing the EMS : Piano one the most, probably most up my street, but they all sound pretty nice. Going to try and locate money now.
Pinyaka
Hardhead

Post by Pinyaka »

Oddly, the actual shirt measurements are both consistent with the upper and lower bounds for large t-shirt sizes.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

Pinyaka wrote:Oddly, the actual shirt measurements are both consistent with the upper and lower bounds for large t-shirt sizes.
Yep, the large is pretty large.. still probably a little bit too small for me. They're also a little bit too cool, if I would wear that I would get envied and asked about the shirt constantly :lol:

Maybe should start wear a turtlenecs and act all snotty.
billybatts
Tingler

Post by billybatts »

Man, I don't know whether to envy you or pity you, posting to the board at 7.30am on a Sunday morning
Ross

Post by Ross »

Probably not - there are only three or four Brits here.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Aye, it certainly wasn't 7.30am when tryptych was posting (unless he was posting via a proxy and wasn't actually in Iceland at the time !)
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

No idea.. wait, what day is it? :)
DKHR
Hardhead

Post by DKHR »

I've purchased all 4 new releases. They all are good, but my favorite is Blackhill Transmitter. TX DSO Stage 1 has burned into my brain and will play there for the next weeks....

Such a T-shirt looks interesting. However, I need German "L" / "50/52", don't know if that matches the "Medium" or "Large" size.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Blackhill Transmitter is scaring me a lot.
I mean, like there's something in the background, something in the shadows...

If I listen to it with 100% attention, it's really good and, what I would say normal scary for FSOL,
but if I leave it in the background and not pay 100% attention, it creeps me out every damn time...

I really can't remember the last time I so literally scared from a piece of music...
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

So the Blackhill ep is confirmed to be Gary or Brian? I see Yage in the credits.
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Blackhill Transmitter - I'm 90% sure it's Brian & Gary, and if not, I'm 100% sure it's Brian solo - I'd bet real money on this :)

Over the years, and especially this last one, going over chronologically - I see a pattern where Yage is the imaginary entity producer that emerges when Brian and Gary put their heads together in a studio. I'd say there can be no Yage without these two brains together...

So yeah, I'd say its a safe bet...

And I wouldn't mind being proven wrong - I'd just like to hear the official word from the guys...
Ross

Post by Ross »

Typically I come down to the library to buy these at last - and FSOLdigital is down.