What are you listening to?

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Tito Lozano »

Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Lately...
Neu! 75
Svarte Greiner - Twin (bonus disc from LP version of Deaf Center's Owl Splinters)
David Sylvian - Secrets from the Beehive

All awesome.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

nice

i def loved me some serious tool back in the day
still like them a lot but i don't find myself listening to heavy stuff these days typically unless it's like king crimson :mrgreen:

cool album if you haven't heard it:
i forget which but adrian belew (crimson, ironically) put out 3 solo albums awhile ago and one of them was him, carey, and les claypool

i believe this one was called "side one" or maybe it was three ;)

great albums all 3 of them....short though - borderline EP length
Ross

Post by Ross »

Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas
Ross

Post by Ross »

cubus - Pel Pianotel

Hey Pete tell us when you got new tracks out yeah? Had to find out about this from Jack!
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

last few days:

- Fluke: Puppy (one of my fav records ever made)
- DJ Food AA remixes
- Andy Cato: Times & Places (I've really learned to love this album)
- Pää Kii (Finnish punk, I don't usually listen to punk, although grew up with pop punk like NOFX and few others, but this is making huge waves. They're a supergroup formed by many well known, old-school punks. So honest and raw and kick ass.. just works like a hammer into the face. But enough about that.)
- Air: Talkie Walkie

and finally

- Washed Out: Paracosm.. this is just f*cking unreal. Talk about good vibes :nod:
from the source flows the endless...
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Seefeel - Succour

I always thought I like 'Quique' most as it´s a more airy and easy sounding affair. I had 'Succour' lying around here for quite a while now, but when I liked to hear Seefeel I always prefered their first album or 'Polyfusia' over this one. It always seemed a bit too distant and abrasive for me in parts compared to their earlier stuff, but as I find myself listening more often to this one I come to think now this is almost their best effort. Creating strong atmospheres like AFX with 'Selected Ambient Works' or early Autechre through the medium of Indie-Rock/Shoegaze/whatever, this group was exceptional and unique.

^^ Washed Out yeah, here too. I like it, though I could understand if someone states that the nostalgia-factor of this kind of music seems a bit 'calculated'...but hey, at least it works!
(If it´s well done you can always get me with this kind of 80ies nostalgia...that´s why I first didn't want to get all that 'chillwave'-hype, but after a year or so I found myself liking most of the hyped releases that were tagged with this somewhat ridiculous term...)
Magnificient Insignificance
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

:D

I don't care much for most of the new trends in general.. the usual cover art makes me smile, always some hazy cam photo.. and the retro-80's stuff is getting old fast. I'm not also very keen on the intentional low-fi aesthetics. But this album absolutely kick ass. Probably my favorite album of the year.

Right now, listening to Sonic Youth - Bull In The Heather single.. you can scope out here what I'm listening to in RT:

http://www.last.fm/user/mellohippo
Ross

Post by Ross »

Hazy photo, intentionally lo-fi. Hmm, hello me.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Ross wrote:cubus - Pel Pianotel

Hey Pete tell us when you got new tracks out yeah? Had to find out about this from Jack!
Hah :D it was going to be a surprise for those folks listening to the Terminal Radio set I did earlier last month - as it was full of my new gubbins
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

Dennis wrote:(If it´s well done you can always get me with this kind of 80ies nostalgia...that´s why I first didn't want to get all that 'chillwave'-hype, but after a year or so I found myself liking most of the hyped releases that were tagged with this somewhat ridiculous term...)
You know, one thing that bugs me with a lot of new ambient and "chillwave" artists is that there's no quality control.. like you can see a lot of bedroom artists "releasing" like 10 albums during 2012 alone.. they're just flooding the scene pretty mediocre stuff, and when there's no time to reflect and listen to the tracks later, they just become... so meaningless.

I'd hope that more people would take more time to make a product that they're REALLY happy with. Less is more and keeps the people interested.. needs time to be digested.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Totally agree with 'tryptych'.
You're doin' too much, do less.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Mmm, 21st century DIY music. I've been guilty of that myself too. But yeah, any more than three or so releases a year does suggest a lack of quality control. It's largely down to the number of DIY and net labels willing to release it...
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

think I might be guilty of setting my quality control too high.Nothing released here since 11th May 2011 - Tangents 41 - 47.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

i watched quality on Diy music and waiting years for quality Commercial labels and then only see mediocre new album, i think that are diferent types of make music ,diferent scenes and diferent worlds ...think quality = years of no release nothing....i think no is correct
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human