Mind Maps 4

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Mind Maps 4

Post by Ross »

sigESANg5 - if you do share your recording, could you possibly edit it so the MM4 section is cut out? The opening 35 minute warmup and closing 20 minute mix are fine but as MM4 is commercially available it's probably better we're not linking to that section of the mix. But a copy of the opening and closing sections would be hugely appreciated!
sigESANg5
Tingler

Post by sigESANg5 »

Yes, that's a good point. Here's the link of the exclusive and bonus mix only.

https://we.tl/t-Oo2lwQhM4v
g@ry
Hardhead

Post by g@ry »

This is a great addition to last nights Trip Maps & MM4 purchases. Thank you sigESANg5 😊
maff
Hardhead

Post by maff »

Many thanks sigESANg5!
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

sigESANg5 - you da man! :)

How is everyone by the way - haven't dropped a line here in ... a while :D
You're doin' too much, do less.
Vandit89
Hardhead

Post by Vandit89 »

FSOLdigital - MIND MAPS 4_Bonus Mix
started at ~10:50. It's FSOL new track? Please help 8-)
gabo86
Hardhead

Post by gabo86 »

Ross wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:47 pm I'll give him a prod, see what he says.
Thanks Ross, it would be very nice.
molo
Hardhead

Post by molo »

Heogen - Bird Song (Yage Mix) - this is awesome, I fell in love with the version released on the recent Touched by Silence #2 compilation. It's a really beautiful track, both the original & the Yage Mix on MM4.
Faroutman
Hardhead

Post by Faroutman »

sigESANg5 is the man... Thanks for the start of the mix and end. Much appreciated.
Pandemonium you are also Da Man!
Hope all is well.
Neil
Hardhead

Post by Neil »

molo wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:50 pm Heogen - Bird Song (Yage Mix) - this is awesome, I fell in love with the version released on the recent Touched by Silence #2 compilation. It's a really beautiful track, both the original & the Yage Mix on MM4.
Only just got to listen to CD of MM4 last night and this Heogen track really stopped me in my tracks - hadn't heard them before, but currently enjoying their first album this morning and will try and check out the original Bird Song. :)
mtnsportr
Hardhead

Post by mtnsportr »

Really like MM4 being split out by track so I can check out the original artists, some of them are great on their own! Any idea on the difference between a "Yage Mix" and a "Yage Remix"? Aren't they the same thing?

The answer machine messages are better this time around also because they blend more with the music.

The cover art for Psychedelic Worlds on bandcamp shows Mind Maps instead of Trip Maps. I had to go to discogs for a correct version for my iTunes upload.

The Lokeh track is very cool and I wish the new AA album could sound like it. Not getting my hopes up though since that first single (We Persuade...) was orchestral prog rock not cool electronic psych.
Ross

Post by Ross »

I have a feeling the more electronic psych end of things gets funnelled into FSOL a lot these days, hence stuff like 'Anacro Rhythm' and 'Hopiate'.
Agreed, though, I think Trip Maps is my favourite psych FSOL-related release since The Isness.
gabo86
Hardhead

Post by gabo86 »

Meanwhile, I tried to write to the FSOL Facebook page and the Touched Music Facebook page via messenger to have a proper tracklist for Mind Maps 2 and 3 but nobody answered me (except an automatic reply from Touched Music)
Ross

Post by Ross »

I asked Brian but he said there are currently no plans to reveal the full tracklist, I'm afraid.
gabo86
Hardhead

Post by gabo86 »

Ross wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:08 pm I asked Brian but he said there are currently no plans to reveal the full tracklist, I'm afraid.
I admit I don't get it. MM1's tracklist is public, albeit unofficially. MM4 is public...why not to make public MM2 and MM3's ones?
I really don't understand it, but there will be reasons I cannot understand :D

Anyway, thank you!