Environment 7 trilogy

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Environment 7.003 out November 1st

Post by Ross »

gabo86 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:04 pm Ok, this might be the silliest of questions, but for an OCD like me it's quite fundamental for right tagging on last.fm:
What's the name of this album? Is it Environment 7.003 or Where All Is Ending 7.003 (similarly to the other two 7.00x albums)?
Brian told me it's Where All is Ending E7.003 but that doesn't seem to be on the Bandcamp page or cover art. So it's entirely up to you.
moxlox
Tingler

Post by moxlox »

So is this the cover, or is it the inner sleeve (and the outer sleeve is the previously posted White ISDN like one)? I am liking it.
Repetition Is A Form Of Change
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

I *think* it's the inner sleeve - When the email popped up showing it I first thought that it was the replacement art and the ISDN looking cover had been rethought in the past few days!

Has it ever been explained what the symbols refer to (the 5 icons to the right of E7.003) ? They've been using them for ages and I'm sure I've asked before - The polygonal globe with lines coming out I'm guessing is 'Earthbeat' but what are the other 4?
moxlox
Tingler

Post by moxlox »

mcbpete wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:33 pm I *think* it's the inner sleeve - When the email popped up showing it I first thought that it was the replacement art and the ISDN looking cover had been rethought in the past few days!

Has it ever been explained what the symbols refer to (the 5 icons to the right of E7.003) ? They've been using them for ages and I'm sure I've asked before - The polygonal globe with lines coming out I'm guessing is 'Earthbeat' but what are the other 4?
I thought the same as you when the image popped up!...... I'd like that striped one as the 12" vinyl cover. Would look cool on the wall.

And great question about the symbols. I was wondering what the symbols were only yesterday when looking at the latest Humanoid album cover - I just got the CD :D
tengram
Hardhead

Post by tengram »

When I downloaded the .WAV files this morning from Bandcamp, the white cover was included as the cover.jpg file
moxlox
Tingler

Post by moxlox »

tengram wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:29 pm When I downloaded the .WAV files this morning from Bandcamp, the white cover was included as the cover.jpg file
It's not a placeholder then.

Thanks for info :)
Ross

Post by Ross »

Oh yeah, the cover is used on the various online stores that have the album up for preorder.
gabo86
Hardhead

Post by gabo86 »

Ross wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:32 pm
gabo86 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:04 pm Ok, this might be the silliest of questions, but for an OCD like me it's quite fundamental for right tagging on last.fm:
What's the name of this album? Is it Environment 7.003 or Where All Is Ending 7.003 (similarly to the other two 7.00x albums)?
Brian told me it's Where All is Ending E7.003 but that doesn't seem to be on the Bandcamp page or cover art. So it's entirely up to you.
The Bandcamp tag is unsurprising, as also the latest Nicky Wire is mis-labeled as "Nicky Wire" and not "Intimism", as it should be.
For this album, probably it's another mis-labeling, because in this image (I don't know if it's the final one) there is the "Where all is ending" title (under E7.003).
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Regarding the five symbols, other than the Earthbeat one which is central, they did a t-shirt a few years ago with the fourth one - four Japanese style characters inside a circle, which was labelled “herd killing”. Other than that they are a mystery to me. That said, I do have a t-shirt from them with just those five symbols in green on a brown background, it’s completely unclear to almost everyone that it’s in anyway connected to anyone, let alone FSOL. Looks good on its own like that though.
I am the eye that looks within
Ross

Post by Ross »

I really like the five symbols. I don't think they have any real meaning, they were gradually developed over the course of the FSOLDigital era. I think the Herd Killing one dates back to the Dead Cities book. They've gone for having little symbols in the past, the J&P era had the Freeky Deek one, the FSOL pyramid, I think Yage and Smart Systems had little logos on the back of their respective 12"s as well. Just part of the whole worldbuilding thing they always like to do, using the same models (human and CGI spike) on the art and so on.
eoghan
Hardhead

Post by eoghan »

Really enjoying this. It feels like their most nocturnal album.
One Solar Radius is a version of Hopiate right?
Blinker
Hardhead

Post by Blinker »

It's been ages since I have been on here!

Just getting towards the end of a mammoth listening session of all three volumes of Environment 7! Currently on the last few tracks of 7.003.
I have to say the trilogy is really stellar, extremely high quality material. I think of the three this instalment is my favourite. That could change though, you know how it is! :lol:
Ross

Post by Ross »

Just to confirm, 'One Solar Radius' isn't on the CD. Just a digital bonus track. So all three formats have different tracklists.
Ross

Environment 7 trilogy

Post by Ross »

So, there's a combined E7 trilogy digital compilation on the FSOL Bandcamp now.

Containing one bonus track 'ext tx'.
And minus the last six tracks on 7.002.

Baffling.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Re: Environment 7 trilogy

Post by dell1972 »

This is slightly confusing, as you said Ross, they’ve left off a whole bunch of stuff from 7.002 and added a bonus to the end of 7.001, the track boundaries are all different on the 7.001 and you get a bonus 14 seconds on the end of the final track. To add to the chaos it says “44? Tracks” but lists 43.
I am the eye that looks within