What are you listening to?

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Pandemonium »

The Koln Concert is fucking legendary!

I watched Keith Jarrett live on our Skopje Jazz Festival a few years back :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

dubmasta wrote:what it has become now is not Pumpkins for me, but a desperate attempt by Billy Corgan to go back to the days of glory, well it doesnt work like that.
Yeah, it's definitely not the Pumpkins I know, now that they're gone I actually really realize how much I miss that band. They have a lot of demo/weird stuff that that really reminds how pro that band was.. they're not just your average grunge band in that case. Check this out ->

It's really such a shame that they (he) kicked out Jimmy, who's a phenomenal drummer, it's hard to find such a chemistry.. now it's basically just Corgan, but I guess it's always been that way.
from the source flows the endless...
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

i have many albums from laswell but not this one

now i want it ;)
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Brian Eno - Before and After Science

Always fighting Another Green World as my favourite Eno album.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Good choice Ross, my personal favorite Eno albums are with Harold Budd, Ambient 2: The Plateaux Of Mirror which is my favorite ambient album ever, and The Pearl.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

i pretty much wrote off eno awhile ago only to revisit

i've turned a corner and now have levels of appreciation but still learning what i really like best from him

i surely don't like his pop albums with the vocals and i don't really like the harold budd collaborations which to me are just too ambient

another green world is another one i'm not sure about. it's got fripp so i thought it was a given but when i listened to the album i wasn't blown away or that attracted to it. i've since heard a few tunes from this album that have grown on me. so maybe it's time for me to give another listen to the full album
Ross

Post by Ross »

Ah Another Green World is just so utterly... there aren't any words. I love how pastoral it sounds. Even the pop songs (maybe apart from the first track) have that pastoral ambience to them, rather than the glam sound of his first two records. In terms of ambient stuff, The Big Ship and Becalmed are two of his absolute best.

But... I dunno, the second side of Before and After Science is so blissful. It's so rare that ambient and pop come together so successfully. Spider and I almost brings me to tears.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

big ship is the tune that surely has grown on me the most
becalmed i just listened to again.....just kind of boring to me i guess though like i say perhaps after another full listen my opinion will change a bit

it's weird that for me personally sometimes a switch is just flipped....i went from klaus schulze feeling boring to all of a sudden LOVING nearly everything he's done. went from feeling the same about eno to nowadays feeling like i enjoy at least 65% of what he's done. perhaps the rest just grows on me from there.
i still have no proper eno albums to call my own....only spinner and my life in the bushes which obviously have outside influence

would love to hear more of yall's thoughts about eno and can we also add another into the mix??
-Sigur Ros-
what do we think?
some i like but other stuff again i just find a bit boring
and i think at times i just get tired of hearing his non english voice (both the vocals and lyrics)

the full heima movie is on youtube and i really enjoyed that. even if i'm not in love with the band just yet it's just a beautiful movie that shows the raw power of iceland. great cinematics.....the music fits the scenary and imagery quite well imo
Ross

Post by Ross »

I love Von and ( ). The rest I've not been so taken on - that said I've not heard the last two.
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

( ) is probably my favorite album by them. I highly recommend Valtari though. It's basically an ambient album with a couple regular Sigur Ros songs on it. The production work is really interesting too.
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

i think von was my overall favorite after hearing a number of albums

i'll have to check this valtari out as i don't think i've heard that one
RazorJack
Open Loop

Post by RazorJack »

<-

Sanctum - Lupus In Fabula

It's late, not sleepy yet, didn't know what to listen to, so I just made it myself easy :mrgreen:
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

Goldie - Freedom

reviving my love for drum & bass and reminding me why the guy is the DON. Like a flashback to the Timeless days (when best DNB was made anyway).

He just has the depth and vision that so many people lack. Love this stuff.

Must admit, feeling GOOD today :D
from the source flows the endless...
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Simon Posford (Hallucinogen, Shpongle, Younger Brother) and Michelle Adamson perform "Where is my mind" by the Pixies (Piano & Vocals)

dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Got so excited that thought to share this with you guys, for fans of TOOL and not only! Danny Carey, drummer of TOOL has released a debut album with his band Volto! named "Incitare". It has a very slight dose of TOOL, but practically its jazz-rock-fusion at its best, Im listening to it 3rd time on replay and I could do this forever, haven't enjoyed an album so much for a very long time, highly recommended!!