What are you listening to?

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Ross »

Ben Steed - From Here You Can See Everything
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Squarepusher - Ufabulum

This more and more turns out to be one of my favourite albums by him. Jolly SciFi-Cyber-Madness. Wished he had done the TRON-Soundtrack instead of Daft Punk. Everytime listen with headphones my brain's gonna explode :) .

and followed by

The Tuss - Rushup Edge

Can't wait for the 'imminent shit' to come upon us...
Magnificient Insignificance
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

i'm just glad he gave up on that shobaleader stuff
Ross

Post by Ross »

I like his jungle-type stuff (Feed Me Weird Things and Hello Everything in particular), and the throw-everything-at-it approach to stuff like Music is Rotted One Note, Budakhan Mindphone, Maximum Priest, Selection Sixteen and Ultravistor. The in between bits tended to appeal to me less though...
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

I like nearly everything by him, ecxept for "Just a souvenir", there's just too much of boring guitar riffing on it, and yes, Ultravisitor is the definitive SP Album where he just melted everything his styles of music ever consisted of together in one 80 minute monster of a record :) 'Steinbolt' just makes me smile every listen, almost a kind of electronic black-metal...

I like his quote on Ultravisitor:
"Ultravisitor is my spectacle of beauty and of terror. It is unknowable, and will never be understood by anybody, least of all its creator."
Ross

Post by Ross »

Ah, Tetra-Sync.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

This is my fave thing he's ever done -

with this being a very very close second -

Ross

Post by Ross »

I remember when he briefly became the namedropable IDM artist (taking over from Aphex) around the release of Ultravistor, he seemed to suddenly be everyone's favourite artist, and I saw so much love for Iambic 9 Poetry, and I couldn't help but think how all these people were missing out on Iambic 5 Poetry instead. My favourite Squarepusher track for certain.

I'm currently having a run through the entire Analord series (including the digital bonus tracks). I always find a new track to love that I'd previously forgotten about... today, 'AFX Acid 04'.
RazorJack
Open Loop

Post by RazorJack »

FSOL - Vit Drowning

Saturday night, back home, I'm tired/exhausted/tipsy, and the first thing I do is listen to this... I guess that's one of the many symptoms I got of a total Dead Cities addiction :shock:
Apart from that I think this particular song has a nice calm "clear your mind" feel to it. Seriously some of FSOL's stuff has healing effects on me, placebo or not.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

Not weird at all.. it's just the best album of all time :D

I've just literally listened to it probably hundreds of times.. enough is enough, no matter how good. With all the new stuff coming out, I don't see much point listening to it anymore..

Right now I'm playing Bubble vol. 8, there's some of SO cool moments, like the "let's get this show on the road" sample.. fucking eargasm and those shivers!
from the source flows the endless...
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Audio - Genesis Device

Ross

Post by Ross »

tryptych wrote:I've just literally listened to it probably hundreds of times.. enough is enough, no matter how good. With all the new stuff coming out, I don't see much point listening to it anymore..
Yeah, Dead Cities, Accelerator, Tales of Ephidrina, The Isness and Environments 2 are all on my 'played to death' list, and only come out once or twice a year these days. Lifeforms, however, seems to be completely resistant to this and still excites me.

np Biosphere - Microgravity
Girlfriend always gets me to put this on when it's too hot, has a cooling effect... :D
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Yes, oddly enough Im a big fan of Type O Negative <3

I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
RazorJack
Open Loop

Post by RazorJack »

I really like them as well, but think most albums have too many "filler" songs. October Rust though is simply fantastic from start to finish.

np:
pop radio
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

np Biosphere - Microgravity
Girlfriend always gets me to put this on when it's too hot, has a cooling effect... :D
Yeah, Biosphere is the ultimate audio cure for heat-induced inconveniences. Patashnik and Substrata with their arctic-themed sound have this cooling effect even more on me. And of course Env2!