Stakker - Eurotechno (the whole video)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Re: Stakker - Eurotechno (the whole video)

Post by Nmesh »

Yeah, but Garry did get involved right around that time (1988), and was a collaborator on Global. I'm sure Brian was showing him the ropes by then. And since Garry is obviously the performer-type, it wouldn't surprise me. (Youtube description also indicates that its him, but that could very well be an assumption.)

SPEAKING OF WHICH.... Did someone take down the Papua New Guinea Top Of The Pops performance? I can't find it. I'd upload it again, but my copy isn't the greatest quality from when I downloaded it years ago. I hardly remember seeing B&G in that clip at all. FSOL imposters provided by TOTP maybe?

I like the quote posted from one of the Hartnoll's below the Orbital video: "We wanted to play live but Top Of The Pops insisted that we mime. However, when they provided us with flashy keyboard stands we sent them away and got trestle tables from the canteen. We were used to performing on tables at the backs of pubs and we just had to set things up the way we knew. I'd always complained stroppily whenever I saw people miming on Top Of The Pops, and now here we were, miming while some woman danced next to us in leggings, a silver top and a silver hat." Haha. :lol:
Proceed with visual attack.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

From the clips of Amorphous performances, doesn't Garry generally jump around like a wild lunatic? Perhaps he's been working on that over the years since this relatively understated performance, but personally I don't think it's him.
I am the eye that looks within
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Wasn't it that Gaz learned guitar playing during his madman rambling phase after '97 when he turned into a hippie?
On the other hand the guy in the video actually doesn't play really, so maybe its him.
Magnificient Insignificance
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

This looks to be very early 80's...
Proceed with visual attack.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Gaz was in bands before FSOL, playing stringed instruments. I think the post-Dead.Cities era saw him returning to playing guitar rather.than learning it...
I always assumed it was Gaz in that video, they did that Bacteria from a Baboons Stomach thing on their tape label pre-Stakker and he helped on Global. He's even in the music video for the 92 re-release.