What are you playing at the moment

Anything goes. But keep it clean buster...
Dennis
Ill Flower

Re: What are you playing at the moment

Post by Dennis »

Found an old Lucasfilm-Adventure game in a box on the attic called "Thimbleweed Park". Obviously made somewhere in between "Zack Mc Kracken" and "Monkey Island" by the same developers.

No, seriously, this is like traveling back in 1990. Really feels like some forgotten gem of that era. Highly Entertaining.
Magnificient Insignificance
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Mushroom 11 of course, and quite enjoying it :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Pandemonium wrote:Mushroom 11 of course, and quite enjoying it :)
Really enjoying it too - though the Android port is as buggy as anything - First time I played I fell through several bits of terrain to out of bounds areas and also fell through the end of level boss (inadvertently gaining the pacifist award!), second time I played it wouldn't spawn the main character so was left with a lovely background image and music but not much in the way of gameplay, the third just kept crashing to the desktop when it reached the title screen, think the last play was glitch free though
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Android... say no more...
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

I know, it's only because I find headphone jacks and normal USB connection protocols to transfer files actually a useful feature on a daily basis ;)

(well that and being able to customise every aspect of the OS including replacing the OS itself, being about to over-and-underclock the CPU for power vs battery choice, using off the shelf microSD cards to upgrade my storage without having to buy an new phone, being able to install emulation natively from the store and not have to jump through countless hoops ...)
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

I understand Pete,
Android is tweakable, iOS is not :)

but (mainly) because it's tweakable it has millions of glitches, registries fuck up over time, phones slow down and die...
the actual architecture of the code on Android sucks, the system itself is imagined just fine.

It takes (awesome) phones like Samsung, Huawei, LG, Sony 3 gigs of RAM and basically everything times 3 to come even close to iPhone with 1 gig of RAM... the durability and balance of iOS is fucking amazing. The app stores are just not comparable in professionalism.

And in the last 3 years... please... Samsung Galaxy S7 was about 20 euros more expensive than iPhone 7 - and to choose S7 over iPhone 7 is ... well, dumb.

PS - with today's iOS you actually CAN transfer the basic files & images with normal USB connection (no iTunes needed)

PPS - apps like Dropbox make file transfers independent of operating systems...

PPPS - one can compare and measure the Windows VS Mac option, but Android VS iOS is like comparing Star Wars VS Star Trek :D

(yes, Apple are dickheads in general, but after using all 4 systems for 3 years straight, they're just better...)
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Bless :)
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

haha funny timing as i just jumped into the current century and now have a smartphone

i chose the galaxy s7 (over iphone 6s) because i'll mainly be using it for calls/text/photos/music
all the other fancy stuff i don't really care about and likely will not use

anyway i've had this thing for a few days now but haven't powered it up or switched my service over yet lol
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Hey, whatever happened to seedy anyway?
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

I guess he's busy with work and RL :)

He's on and off this board writing-wise, but I think he reads all the time :)

(Americans are too lazy to write - right ? ) :D
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Haha :D

Ok, cool. It just seems quite a while since I saw him post on here. Must be that laziness, yes ;)
Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

Shadow of the Colossus remake and Hellblade most recently. The latter caught me completely by surprise. Really good stuff.
xerkon
Hardhead

Post by xerkon »

I would love to revisit System Shock 2. A wonderfully atmospheric game. And I have such fond memories of Half-Life, the first FPS I ever played. No, wait, the second. I started with Duke Nukem. That's funny, I had forgotten about that.

If anyone likes turn-based strategy, Alpha Centauri is quite good.

I was playing Far Cry 3 a while back but since I've started fooling around with music it seems more worthwhile to put my time into that.

So I guess, since my answer to the original question is "nothing," maybe I shouldn't have even posted?? :oops:
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

I got hooked on Golf Clash (on Mobile) - it's amazing - and I don't even like Golf ! :P :D
Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

Wipeout VR. My Retinas have been taken to the next plane.