Will we hear from the guys this year?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
ronniedobbs
Expander

Will we hear from the guys this year?

Post by ronniedobbs »

Haven't they pretty much released something every year since fsol digital came online? I wonder if we'll see the R&S release or something on their own before 2014. With a lot of big electronic and underground releases this year, I would hate to see them left out so to speak.
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Will we hear from the guys this year?

Post by Ross »

2012 was a quiet year. The Environments and Archive albums seem to be coming every couple of years, so probably nothing of those this year.

There is the Yage EP due - hopefully that'll be before the end of the year.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Ross had a mistype probably, 2012 was insane, 2011 was very quiet...
actually the only quiet year since the fsoldigital.com opened in 2007.

Well, 2013 will be something like 2011, only release this year is Small Moves DVD (not counting Kettel & Secede as it was 2012 album).

But, there's still time, I'm sure they'll release something out this year.
You're doin' too much, do less.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Maybe a FSOL Athens DVD Concert or AA DVD Live? i like this
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Tito Lozano wrote:Maybe a FSOL Athens DVD Concert or AA DVD Live? i like this
We've been waiting for this DVD for so long, the guys have all the material from the concert so I wonder why they are not releasing it. Maybe they are waiting to release it before putting something BIG out to keep things interesting?
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Ross

Post by Ross »

Yes, I meant 2011, silly me. 2009 was (relatively) quiet too, seems they have a year to put some music together and then a year to throw it all at us.
As for the DVD - I'd personally given up on it until Vertical Pig appeared on FSOLDigital Mix 2, so it seems that's a going concern still.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I wouldn't be surprised if they got carried away in production of the Yage EP and it eventually emerges as a full blown album.

Regarding the live DVD, I wonder if they've been held up by contractual nonsense with Virgin. I guess that wouldn't have stopped them including it in the digital mix podcast.

Another precendence they seem to set is to tease us fans in their quiet years with an Electric Brainstorm or something along those lines. Surely we're due one of those this year at some point?
I am the eye that looks within
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

Pandemonium wrote:(not counting Kettel & Secede as it was 2012 album)
It was actually released by Sending Orbs (like all their stuff) and probably just picked up by FSOLDigital.. so there's still hope. I think we're very lucky to get such huge amounts of releases lately, in FSOL terms that is.
from the source flows the endless...
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

Live in the studio, remixed ep? what is that, i must have missed it.
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
Ross

Post by Ross »

Check out the Prime World and Wipeout thread, it's a library music collection being discussed in there.

This thread has reminded me that I don't actually have a copy of the What a Life remix. Should do something about that...
Ross

Post by Ross »

Ok, a couple of teasers for you...

There'll be an FSOLDigital update 'soon' - obviously this 'soon' is in FSOL Standard Time, so I'd take that to be in the coming months rather than weeks. This will contain some new stuff - I'm guessing the Yage EP, but no confirmation.

The group have been busy doing remix work lately - so a few surprises coming there I'm sure.

Environments 5 still in the works, so we're not expecting that this year at least.

And finally, there's a very interesting looking Monstrous Bubble release on its way called The Cartel, which looks set to expand on the 70s psych-funk sound the group have been exploring in the past. "A funky psychsploitation soundtrack for Bank Robbers, Heists, Cop/Car Chases, Gunrunners, Counter-Intelligence, Killing Sprees, Espionage & Regrets". They really are full of surprises.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Intriguing stuff. I hope they're not using the Lifeforms liner notes definition of "soon", i.e. in about 12 years!

The Monstrous Bubble release sounds very interesting. I wonder if they actually put some Amorphous stuff out on this. That Universal Production Music album had a couple of Brian/Garry tracks that could fit into that category.

Also, wasn't there supposed to be another Seafar release late last year that never surfaced? Whatever happened to the supposed collaboration between him and fsol as well? The end is listless as they say...
I am the eye that looks within
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

A funky psychsploitation soundtrack - HELL YEAH :)

this wil be a blaxploitation mix, no big deal, only MY FAVORITE kind of funk :)

I predict tracks from Curtis Mayfield, Johnny Pate, LL Smith, Shaft-sounds, Quincy Jones, James Brown, Isaac Hayes and etc etc etc I could go on for another 100 artists :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

YES YES YES!

Really looking forward for The Cartel, sounds crazy.. I wonder if it's in the same vein as The Witchfinder, that was blindingly funky ;)
from the source flows the endless...
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Haha, "psychxploitation", that sounds interesting. Try to say that 10 times as fast as you can without getting a knot in your tongue.
Will this be a dj mix or a studio recording kind of sorts? Anyway, I'm curious for that.

So all that cosmic spiritual stuff of liberating your mind and soul and grow you a third ear is no longer on Gaz' agenda. Now he's up to bank robberies and car chases. Fascinating anyway.
Magnificient Insignificance