FSOL Facebook Page

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: FSOL Facebook Page

Post by Ross »

I use Facebook as a way to stay in touch with, and share things with, some of my friends.
There's a LOT wrong with the site, but as long as you use it carefully and don't put lots of personal details on it, it's quite useful. Luckily I don't seem to be friends with any of the friend-collecting show off types. I do remember them from MySpace.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Absolutely - I've got way under 100 people on my friend list, and with all people I know 'in real life', and only use it for people I want to keep in contact with. As soon as people become clear that they're a penis they either get muted or deleted/blocked.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

I'd say don't put ANY personal info on FB. My name is "Väiski Vemmelsääri" (that's Finnish for Bugs Bunny, stupid I know) :)

I guess people have pretty different definition of "friend".. I have people who I meet at least twice a month but I still wouldn't call them "friends", to me it means sharing personal stuff, discussing issues at depth.. I wouldn't call a guy I once met at some party a "friend".
from the source flows the endless...
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

I find Facebook pretty much indispensable for keeping track of new music releases by the bands I like. I signed up to it (eventually) just for that purpose. I used to use MySpace for that and stuck with it long after FB started, but finally moved over as MySpace just got worse and worse and some bands stopped using it.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Really - that's one thing I've never used it for. I don't 'like' any band pages, or products etc. etc. and just use it keep in contact with friends. Between WATMM, here (for FSOL stuff anyway :D ), Twitter and the weekly Boomkat & Warp newsletters I don't think there's anything that I miss.
Ross

Post by Ross »

I use it for music stuff sometimes. My taste is too scattered to rely on a sensible number of individual sites for my news, heh.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

FSOL launched a new official Facebook page! I wonder if this means we should get ready for some interesting stuff from the boys this year ...

https://www.facebook.com/fsoldigital
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

That looks fairly legit, the graphics are very similar to those on Brian's Stakker Humanoid account on YouTube, also recently updated. Is Environments 5 in store for us this year? It would fit in with their recent tendency to put out an album every other year with an Archives one sometime after.
I am the eye that looks within
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

I would have actually liked if they'd have stayed out of the plague we call "Facebook".. I just considered deleting it, but it's an easy way to talk to friends so i guess I won't be doing that. Joined the channel of course and invited a friend too ;)
from the source flows the endless...
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

am i alive if i don´t have Facebook? or am i a good FSOL fan if i don´t have Facebook? am i something if i don´t like a fucking facebook?

oh my god i will never talk with Brian Dougans or Gaz Cobain because i haven´t facebook...well i have a little remember on my soul when i talked with their on diferent plataforms in the past..with this im happy....no need follow the leader(facebook)trainy-Simon-say...pufff my god this world became to be a little boried (maybe i must make facebook and then i will be lot and lot more happy) .... ¬_¬

Well , hope that FSOL will have same info for Facebook and the rest of the world....or the world now is only facebook? :P

Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

and now i will go to a friend house without any facebook or app plug.....? thAT is possible?......YES
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

If it's anything like the Amorphous Androgynous page, it'll be run only by the band's management and rarely updated. I don't really use facebook myself. It is a bit all consuming.
I am the eye that looks within
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

I think it is run by the guys themselves (or Brian at least), and the image cover on the timeline really reminds me of Alan's photography.

I like the "Visionary avant-gardists" part :)
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Yeah, its run by Brian. I imagine this is why Graham was asking about who runs the unofficial page a couple months ago. Maybe trying to take ownership. There's 20,000 fans on that page, but is absolutely NEVER updated. It'd be nice if there was a way to direct everyone over to the new page, but that could be near impossible.
Proceed with visual attack.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Facebook is a useful way to connect with fans. Don't think there's anything more to it than that - no need to overreact, certainly!