New GAZ Interview

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Re: New GAZ Interview

Post by tryptych »

dubmasta wrote:Save your money from now on folks, 2014 is going to be a spending on FSOL year I reckon :)
...and how much money they're missing out because there are no FLACs? Quite a bit I recon. Lossless is the way to go now IMO, hardly anyone I know online who buys FLACs buys CDs or (god forbid) MP3's. I mean it would be such an easy move to make (and more money to them).
dell1972 wrote:And the last few minutes or so of what he's trying to say can be summed up in the following statement:

Don't listen to me, listen to my music.
Yeah, this is what I always get.. he's so shady! Like he's just bullshitting everybody :D
from the source flows the endless...
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Yup, I agree they're missing out a LOT with the absence of FLAC for sale...
You're doin' too much, do less.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I've come round to this argument in recent times too. They should really be offering at least lossless file format such FLAC preferably with some decent approximation of digital artwork to go with it as a viable future proofed alternative to physical sales.
I am the eye that looks within
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

fsol digitial should just be a link to fsol.bandcamp.com :)
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I've been wondering why they don't just do a Bandcamp for a while now!
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

They should do Bandcamp - but the fsoldigital website is just fine - but it's missing FLACs dammit!
There is a REALLY large number of collectors/audiophiles/fans/people in general that prefer FLAC,
they feel like FLAC is worth their money and MP3 isn't - and this is a fact - and maybe they're right - it's not important if they're right or not, the important thing is - FLAC SELLS! :)

Since they have the code option to select CD or MP3, adding a FLAC option is literally 3 minutes of their time.

And since they have .WAV / master tapes / whatever of the sounds, converting them into FLAC and uploading the FLACs to the server and linking them to the shop is literally 2 days work at most (probably 1 day work)... so why don't they do this?...

(can someone please relay the message to B&G).
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

So, how much should we be expecting to see this year? This all sounds very promising :)
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Hm, Env5 definitely this year I guess, along with those other promised fsoldigital releases. And for "proper new album" and/or the Lifeforms-Anniversary-rerelease-whatever I personally would not be TOO hot for it...keep in mind it´s up to now only Gaz doing some interview-ramblings...not THAT reliable I would think considering similar past situations...
Magnificient Insignificance
RazorJack
Open Loop

Post by RazorJack »

Exciting new stuff on the FSOL horizon :)
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

I get the feeling from the interview that Environments 5 will be Lifeforms 2014.
Seems like a fitting way to end the Environments compilations.

Post by Ross »

Yeah, if I had to make a prediction I'd say that the updated version of Lifeforms will be on Environments 5 and will be the basis for the potential 40 minute single from it.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Hmm... it's possible... but I hope they'll be separate releases :)
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Yeah, the more releases the better :D
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

The more the better, I agree. It'll be interesting to see if Environments 5 turns up on the fsoldigital label, or if this is the connection with R&S records. The absence of any promotion whatsoever of the albums in the Environments series has been the one downer of it all. We all get a bit excited about the releases. I've generally gone looking for reviews after the release and all you find is a bunch of people pirating it.

I was pretty surprised even The Cartel got bugger all promotion, apart from the Noel Gallagher link, which was only mentioned briefly in the description on Amazon.
I am the eye that looks within
Ross

Post by Ross »

Yeah, they seem to be relying largely on word of mouth for everything on FSOLDigital - which seems to work well enough, as I do find people all over the internet discussing the releases, but it is a shame that they aren't reaching a wider audience. Still, maybe the band are just happier not dealing with external labels all the time and doing things their own way.