Help finding a track

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
EvilTim
Hardhead

Help finding a track

Post by EvilTim »

Hello, I've just joined the forums.

I discovered FSOL a few years ago and have been loving them ever since. They are undoubtedly the pioneers of the '90s electronic music movement full of artists that I adore. What I love most about FSOL is how they manage to create out of this world sounds from simple samples.

In fact, it's one such sample that brings me here in the first place. I'm not exactly a FSOL guru (but I'm working on it!) so I'm having a lot of trouble finding a certain track that can be heard in a 1994 interview with the duo. Here's the video

At around 0:14, right as Garry talks about the "girl screaming in the park", a sample of a girl crying is heard. This sample is repeated one more time with a different pitch and I just can't seem to find that track. Parts of Smokin Japanese Babe are also heard in the same part of the video, specifically the Oxygene Part II sample, but the "crying" sample isn't a part of that track. Is that even a FSOL song?

Can a FSOL pro help a guy out here?
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Help finding a track

Post by Ross »

First three minutes of that are unreleased... pretty abstract stuff. Waiting for it to turn up on the Archives one day... maybe...

"I've become a musician. Well great" = one of my favourite Gaz quotations.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

It might just be some library music used in the Equinox doc - wonder if the rest of the episode is available anywhere to confirm if there's similar stuff running throughout it.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Pretty sure that FSOL segment was made by FSOL to be used in the documentary, so everything on it will come from Earthbeat studios...