FSOL mixes

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Choralone
Hardhead

FSOL mixes

Post by Choralone »

So I'm new here, obviously. One of the things I've noticed about FSOL is that because of their ambient intros and outros, mixes are incredibly easy to make. All the noises that bookend the songs make it simple to blend practically anything you want together. I've made several cds over the years, even though cds are becoming a thing of the past.

What type of mix would you make? What would be the track list?
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: FSOL mixes

Post by Ross »

Haze did a pretty good job of this a while ago here:

I once made a double CD version of Dead Cities, made from the album, the ISDN show CD and the My Kingdom EP (largely because I wanted to listen to it with the good version of My Kingdom in it), which was fun. I've been meaning to make 'ultimate' versions of the albums using EP and Archived material for ages now, really need to get around to do that. As you say, the segues are relatively easy to do, especially if you're working with material of similar eras.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Ross wrote:I once made a double CD version of Dead Cities, made from the album, the ISDN show CD and the My Kingdom EP (largely because I wanted to listen to it with the good version of My Kingdom in it), which was fun. I've been meaning to make 'ultimate' versions of the albums using EP and Archived material for ages now, really need to get around to do that. As you say, the segues are relatively easy to do, especially if you're working with material of similar eras.
Haha, I was gonna do exactly the same thing a few years back with Dead Cities, adding my favourite mix of each track as they appeared on various ISDN shows of that era.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

I've also done stuff like these on multiple occasions :)

- seems like - 'make your own FSOL tracklist/mix' is a common thing :)
You're doin' too much, do less.