The Most Important Moments in a Life - A History of FSOL

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Re: The Most Important Moments in a Life - A History of FSOL

Post by epitome »

Ordered my copy :)

Looks like I have a good chunk of the tracks on the CD, but still looking forward to hearing the others (and seeing the book, of course!)
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Yep, it's finally there on fsoldigital and promptly ordered. There's some very nice looking t-shirts added as well, I'm sorely tempted.
I am the eye that looks within
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT. BOUGHT.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

A signed copy ordered, bloody hell I want this!!!
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Wasn't even an option for a signed copy when I ordered! Oh well, I don't mind that too much, I'll stick with the non-signed version.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

epitome wrote:Wasn't even an option for a signed copy when I ordered! Oh well, I don't mind that too much, I'll stick with the non-signed version.
Weird, just revisited the site now and the dropdown for signed (or not) is still there - thought maybe the 25 had gone already but guess not.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Blimey, it's all on fsoldigital today. The background has been updated, the signed version of this plus signed white label vinyl versions of Archived 8 and Environments 1.
I am the eye that looks within
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

dell1972 wrote: The background has been updated
The unfortunate side effect of which, wherever there's black text on the page (of which there's quite a bit!) it's no longer readable. Oops !
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

mcbpete wrote:
dell1972 wrote: The background has been updated
The unfortunate side effect of which, wherever there's black text on the page (of which there's quite a bit!) it's no longer readable. Oops !
True, but the same thing happened with the old background too :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Haha, totally forgot ! Ideally it just needs a semi-transparent white text block behind those bits so the background can happily change without causing stuff to vanish
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

mcbpete wrote:
epitome wrote:Wasn't even an option for a signed copy when I ordered! Oh well, I don't mind that too much, I'll stick with the non-signed version.
Weird, just revisited the site now and the dropdown for signed (or not) is still there - thought maybe the 25 had gone already but guess not.
Yeah, my problem was I ordered too early! Originally there wasn't an option to get it signed, but when I saw on here that someone had, I went on and that option was there (and still is now). Not a big deal though, saved me £10 :ugeek:
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

For folks who had ordered a non-signed copy and want the signed one, I think you can sort it out with Gaz on his facebook. He already said he would for a guy who ordered "too early".
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

too many good articles and very little money to buy :(
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Really excited about the CD. As I rarely listen to digital releases, and rarely listen to very short releases, it's really great to have tracks like Turn to Face the Sun on a physical release. From the six tracks we've already had, this could be a really fucking good disc. It's guaranteed to disappear into the cracks of more obscure FSOL releases (I can't remember the last time anybody spoke about Translations for example), which might be a shame as it looks really promising.

T-shirts, I reckon we need to get Graham around here to do some S and XL orders again soon. A medium is still like a tent on me. That symbols shirt one is beautiful.

Test pressing white labels? One day I would have been all over them. At the minute I need to save my cash sadly...
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Those T-Shirts might be the only band or label related clothing I've seen in about a decade that I'd actually want to wear without looking like a twat. Excellent designs, both of the them !