Compilation tracks & Remixography

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
fsolish
Hardhead

Re: Compilation tracks & Remixography

Post by fsolish »

Does anyone know what the track called Lifeforms (1P) is ? Never heard about this one before...
https://www.discogs.com/Future-Sound-Of ... se/9500998
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Yes, that's confused me before. It's probably the album version (that's 5.15 on the promo CD). That makes the 'Full' version the mystery, which might be the same radio edit from Teachings from the Electronic Brain (which runs to 4.36) with a few more seconds on the end or something.
Trigga Bo
Tingler

Post by Trigga Bo »

fsolish 8-) Thank you so much!!! Since it was only on the promo(-tion) and after the first sale of vinyl, cd (on discogs - resale) neither the musicians, nor the labels will receive a penny for this release. I think the musicians are not planning to remaster this release in digital (mixes, from 1992/93 until now) I would not give up its ripped from vinyl in lossless :roll:
fsolish
Hardhead

Post by fsolish »

Ross wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:00 pm Yes, that's confused me before. It's probably the album version (that's 5.15 on the promo CD). That makes the 'Full' version the mystery, which might be the same radio edit from Teachings from the Electronic Brain (which runs to 4.36) with a few more seconds on the end or something.
Thanks for clearing that up Ross! I must admit I was hoping for an unknown remix for us to hunt down :lol:
fsolish
Hardhead

Post by fsolish »

Trigga Bo wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:16 pm fsolish 8-) Thank you so much!!! Since it was only on the promo(-tion) and after the first sale of vinyl, cd (on discogs - resale) neither the musicians, nor the labels will receive a penny for this release. I think the musicians are not planning to remaster this release in digital (mixes, from 1992/93 until now) I would not give up its ripped from vinyl in lossless :roll:
Yeah lossless would be great, but this is the only version I have. If I ever come across a lossless version Ill post i here.
cascade
Hardhead

Post by cascade »

https://www.discogs.com/release/63419-V ... n-Of-Acido

Cold Steel (3)– (Here We Go)
Composed By – B. Ofoedi, B. Dougans*

does anyone know about this?
Ross

Post by Ross »

Brian says it’ll be another track renamed - Trax ripped him off with shit like that. It’s the same length as ‘The Deep’ so probably that.
cascade
Hardhead

Post by cascade »

is it? ive never heard this rap before. but i dont have any of the other humanoid singles so i dont know

heres the track
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

^^^ The very distinctive style of scratching and samples (and part of the name - an amalgam of 'Coldcut' and 'Solid Steel') sounds very late 80s Coldcut-y, so wonder if there's some mistake in the attribution ??

B[enedict] Ofoedu was the vocalist on Slam (Hip House version) though so definitely some connection.....

------

Bit of a wild card but no doubt you've all just received info about this one via email:

https://www.fsoldigital.com/product/the ... traumadol/

TRACKS
01 – Traumadol (2:58)
02 – Traumadol (DeComposed by YAGE) (3:26)
Ross

Post by Ross »

Well, that's definitely not anything I've heard before.

Ofoedu was vocalist on most/all of Global, and that's definitely him there. What's even more interesting is the use of 'humanoid' in the lyrics, and the "go, go, go" chanted vocal which sounds suspiciously similar to the one sampled on 'Tingler'. I think we might have a Global outtake of some kind here?

Brian:
So that’s me / but not me

Me / not me

That’s a half bake demo track that has been finished by Morgan
Ben is the rapper ( phats + small )
That rap was on the demo

Obviously finished up and sold to Trax
Amazing find, cascade! Just when you think you've discovered every FSOL-related track out there, another 33 year old piece pop its head up. And despite not being sanctioned - or completed - by Brian, it's still got more of his input than a lot of Global.
Cheers for these too - managed to miss both of them (barely online at the mo - long covid trundles on and I'm mostly in bed), added to the opening post!
Ross

Post by Ross »

mcbpete wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:43 pm Bit of a wild card but no doubt you've all just received info about this one via email:

https://www.fsoldigital.com/product/the ... traumadol/

TRACKS
01 – Traumadol (2:58)
02 – Traumadol (DeComposed by YAGE) (3:26)
Indeed, just grabbing this. Looks... intriguing. £2.00 for a Yage remix as FLAC isn't too bad really.
cascade
Hardhead

Post by cascade »

Ross wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:56 pm Well, that's definitely not anything I've heard before.

Ofoedu was vocalist on most/all of Global, and that's definitely him there. What's even more interesting is the use of 'humanoid' in the lyrics, and the "go, go, go" chanted vocal which sounds suspiciously similar to the one sampled on 'Tingler'. I think we might have a Global outtake of some kind here?

Brian:
So that’s me / but not me

Me / not me

That’s a half bake demo track that has been finished by Morgan
Ben is the rapper ( phats + small )
That rap was on the demo

Obviously finished up and sold to Trax
Amazing find, cascade! Just when you think you've discovered every FSOL-related track out there, another 33 year old piece pop its head up. And despite not being sanctioned - or completed - by Brian, it's still got more of his input than a lot of Global.
so im guessing the only reason the track is credited to 'cold steel' is to avoid paying royalties
morgan khan, what a guy
Trigga Bo
Tingler

Post by Trigga Bo »

This is the first time I've heard this club mix

it sounds like from 1992, if it's not someone's handiwork?! I can assume that this is a Stereo MC's remix of the FSOL remix or is it another FSOL (club version) on discogs.com I didn't find any information on this mix 8-)