Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

Post by dell1972 »

Interesting snippet from a mono-brow interview... the ever changing release date aside...

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2 ... viewmode=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'Meanwhile, he also has a second album in the can, a collaboration with the Future Sound of London spin-off Amorphous Androgynous that includes re-recorded versions of four of the "...High Flying Birds" songs which he says sound "very different." He hopes to release the new collection some time this year.

"I don't want to say too much about it yet," Gallagher explains, "but it's not an electronic album; it's a psychedelic rock-pop album, and I'm not quite sure how people are going to take it. It's less structured than my traditional English pop music." He'd like to make another album with Amorphous Androgynous "because I think we were just getting to know each other's ways of working when the project ended."'
I am the eye that looks within
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

'Ended'. From the man who wants to finish mixing it when he gets back from tour.
I think it might be more sensible to wait until this is out before trying to guess what's going on..
kornbean
Hardhead

Post by kornbean »

Hmm, looks like Dream On is no longer available from FSOLDigital.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Yes it is: http://www.yage.co.uk/newtesting/index. ... cts_id=262" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kornbean
Hardhead

Post by kornbean »

What the? Darn internet's messin' with me.
The Haze
Hardhead

Post by The Haze »

So is this collaboration album still in the works or has it been scrapped? I read somewhere that Noel said that the album "may never see the light of day" or something like that.
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

No, it'll be coming out. No sure when, maybe this year. It got delayed because Noel's debut met quite a bit of success.
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I hope it will be completed. One thing that is noticeable from reading interviews with Noel Gallagher is that he says one thing one day and the total opposite another day, whether he's just really fickle, or just makes things up as he goes along remains to be seen. I think within the space of a week he said in one interview that he wasn't sure if the album would ever get completed, and in another that he even wanted to do a follow up album with them. He also said that Shoot a Hole in the Sun track was the favourite thing he'd ever done, so coupled with the media interest and overall positive reaction to the first track, I'd say there was a fair chance it gets completed.

Like Tim said though, his first solo album has been quite successful - it's outsold all latter day Oasis albums, and he seems determined to tour it into the ground, so until the never ending tour finishes I can't see he has any time to finish it.
Ross

Post by Ross »

He's obviously been a bit surprised at how long the first album's taking to promote and tour and such - so much that another single is being released - with a 15 minute version of AKA... What a Life! on the b-side by our good friends Amorphous Androgynous.

The Amorphous collaboration got a lot of press excitement at first, and pretty much every review said of the first album "it's ok, but we're more excited about the Amorphous album", but it's obviously not coming out quite as quickly as he planned, what with the promo and tour and stuff, so he's got to keep up the excitement by spinning it out into a long story. He knows how to play the media, so by doing all of this he's keeping people interested. By the time it comes out it'll probably be "the album that nearly almost happened!", which will just add more excitement.
That and I'm sure the guys have done about ten different versions of every track by now and he's getting a bit baffled by what's going on and probably wants to go into the studio and stop messing about and just get a final mix of the bloody thing done.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Ah, I knew he was releasing Everyone's on the Run, but didn't know for certain it would have an AA remix with it as well. That slipped out yesterday without me noticing. Sounds like he's still keen on them. He does talk a good game. I'd love to see some footage of him in the studio with Brian and Gaz, there would definitely be no air in the conversation, and zero chance for Brian to get a word in.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

ha...this is know different than typical gary/brian

complete confusion and months/years of holding our breath waiting

it's better to just live in the now and enjoy what we have.......more tunes are always in our future ;)
Ross

Post by Ross »

What's interesting is that this new track is being promoted as a remix rather than a different recording. Wonder if that says anything about anything? Noel was keen to let everybody know Shoot a Hole Into the Sun wasn't a remix.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

It could mean it is actually a remix, or it could just be because the announcement about the contents of this single came from that waste of space known as the NME. The details of the new single don't seem to have officially been announced yet.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

There's a short preview of the remix available now. I heard this on YouTube and thought it was a fake as it sounded too dancy for them, but here it is on Amazon as a preview.

Very strange in that the drums in particular just don't sound like them. It's got a really strange slightly Gloria Gaynor/I Will Survive vibe with the drum pattern and strings to me....

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess you can't really judge a 15 minute track on a 30 second clip though.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

My instant opinion from the sample: Definitely has potential :)