Fractional Difference - Exploring FSOL song-by-song

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
nanio tine
Hardhead

Re: Fractional Difference - Exploring FSOL song-by-song

Post by nanio tine »

fair play to you for carrying on with the band tbh, if someone was downplaying the seriousness of an illness I had I don't think I could enjoy listening to their music!
Kklak
Hardhead

Post by Kklak »

Hello! Been lurking around here for a while but finally decided to make an account. Really enjoyed reading each post on Fractional Difference when it came out, many thanks Ross! I hope your health has gotten better in the last few months.

I've been rereading the blog a lot lately as I've started listening to the 1993 Kiss transmissions for the first time, lovely discussion for each of the transmissions and the tracklists have been much appreciated. Also I think I've discovered a new track - the unknown track at 11:46 on Kiss Transmission 6 Part 6 is the Bandulu remix of In Mind by Slowdive, slowed down from 45 to 33 RPM (at least that's what it sounds like on Audacity). Might even sound better at that speed!
moxlox
Tingler

Post by moxlox »

Ross wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:04 pm Unfortunately I have long covid, so not able to spend the time at the computer that it requires. Unless someone comes up with a miracle cure, I'm going to be out of action for a very long time. Maybe 2024?
Hope this is improving and all speed to fastest recovery for you Ross
Repetition Is A Form Of Change
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Thank you for the kind comments. Sadly very little improvement. Been trying out a few supplements that have blood thinning and anti-inflammatory properties which have dulled some of the pain and stiffness, which is something at least.
Kklak wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:49 am I've been rereading the blog a lot lately as I've started listening to the 1993 Kiss transmissions for the first time, lovely discussion for each of the transmissions and the tracklists have been much appreciated. Also I think I've discovered a new track - the unknown track at 11:46 on Kiss Transmission 6 Part 6 is the Bandulu remix of In Mind by Slowdive, slowed down from 45 to 33 RPM (at least that's what it sounds like on Audacity). Might even sound better at that speed!
Thanks for this, I'll check it out. I'm a bit of a Slowdive fan, but never got around to checking out that remix EP somehow, this is a reminder to get on that as well!
Ross

Post by Ross »

Started a YouTube series of this, called it Earth Beat Visions as that seems a little less vague than Fractional Difference. Some, like this, will be fairly straight readings of the blog, others will have new bits and bobs in them.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

That was incredible! Fantastic work Ross, I really look forward to the rest of the series. Have you done v/o work before - really professional sounding, both in delivery and production
Ross

Post by Ross »

Thank you - no, this is the first time I’ve done anything of the mind outside of hosting a bit of online radio. I can’t hear anything but how annoying I find my own voice haha. Sadly my long covid means I can’t talk for all that long - I did a couple of these in one go and had such a sore throat I couldn’t talk for the rest of the day!
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Ross wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:57 amI can’t hear anything but how annoying I find my own voice haha
Literally *everyone* thinks that when hear recordings of their own talking voice (and if they don't then they're probably deeply narcissistic :D ). But, no it was perfect - Clearly enunciated, engaging tone and nicely laid-back delivery